Reiss Nelson

- long distance love.

January 10th 2021.
Suddenly, you felt him stir slightly, readjusting his arms that were snaked around your body which made your head shoot up to gaze at him, seeing his eyes fluttering open and a lazy smile creep upon his lips as he leaned in for a kiss. His arms were quick to pull your waist against his so your head was flat on his chest, listening to the peaceful sound of his heartbeat, instantly making you feel at home. Your little moment was cut short when his phone starting ringing as he quickly rushed out the room with a groan, leaving you annoyed and your heart pounding, you had a feeling you knew exactly what the phone call was about, you was hoping he came back and and gave you the answer you wanted to hear...

"It's gone through.. the transfer" he sorrily spoke, making your breath hitch in your throat, although you knew there was high possibly of the move actually happening, a part of you was certain he'd be saying here in London for at least another few years. "Guess you better get packing then" you softly laughed, feeling disheartened to say the least, the words of "it's happening" not being the ones you wanted to fall from his lips, "look can we talk about this prop-" he began reaching for your hands as you swiftly dodged his grip and made your way to the bathroom, ready for a complete breakdown about everything. "I have to get ready for work, business won't run itself" you trailed off, letting the door close with a slam behind you.

January 2nd 2019.
"The real question is how did i get so lucky?" You giggled before he gently pushed the cup off coffee into your hands while leaning in too plant a small kiss on your forehead. The warm feeling instantly took over your body from the smallest touch he gave you, it never getting old. "Good morning beautiful" he mumbled against your lips, before wrapping his arms around your neck and resting his head on top of yours.  "A good morning to you too handsome" you smiled, feeling the most relaxed you've felt in a while, lifting your gaze to him, love dancing in your eyes as you leaned in too clasp your mouths together.

"Kissing you never gets old" you mutter softly as you both pull away, Reiss flashing you a cheeky smile before spotting his luggage packed and ready and placed at the front door of your apartment, a sigh falling from his lips. "I can't believe i arrived her a week ago, and i'm flying back" he frowned pulling a pout. "It's only six months and it'll be over before you know it, i'm not going to lie i will miss living over there especially the weather" you giggled, messing up his perfect curls "hands off these curls took ages to perfect" he said pretending to be serious and grabbing your hands as if to say 'go on do it again, i dare you' "i'm going to miss you, the apartments going to be so empty without you." He cupped your face in his hands "you'll be okay, we'll FaceTime every night and whenever we have a spare minute you're going to be super busy now, my super business women" he winked as you shook your head, still not believing you now own a company, like a whole business belonged to you, it was so surreal just to picture it.

"You're making me blush Nelson, now get going before you miss that flight of yours" you grinned, going in for one last kiss whilst shoving him out the door, knowing his clingy self didn't want to leave. "I love you, i'll see you in half a year" he happily said, grabbing his many cases and letting the door gently close behind him.

July 1st 2019.
The classic iPhone ping went off as an incoming text message lit up your screen, you opened the text and there was a photo attachment saying 'en route' which meant he was on his way back to you and my god you couldn't wait just to see him in person after all this time. He barely got through your front door before you took a leap, wrapping your legs around waist as his hands went under your thighs to support you. Squeezing him tight, you rested your head in the crook of his neck, enjoying every minute of his presence as a laugh escaped his lips "someone's missed me" he said stupidly, not even bothering to let you answer before smashing his lips in yours for the first time in what felt like forever.

Gently tapping your legs, he slowly placed you feet down on the floor and cupped your face, pulling you in for another long, loving kiss "so how's everything been then- wow you've gone an amazing job at decorating this place" he nodded, eyes fixated on the modern interior "funny you asked, i managed to open two more branches this week one in Gateshead and Manchester!" you exclaimed letting out a small squeal, not able to control your excitement any longer, his eyes instantly went wide with joy. "Just when i didn't think you could make me any prouder but you always prove me wrong" he gushed, "i could say the same about you" you laughed as you pulled out a couple man of the match awards along with a signed shirt by his teammates. "It felt so weird saying goodbye to them all after these couple of months, but now it's back to normal, back to arsenal and back with you" he whispered excited to be back with you, back home.

The next year could only be described as perfect for the both of you, his career taking off and he was loving every moment at the club, loving being back with the fans loving the atmosphere, he loved knowing you was in the stands cheering him on, it made it even more special for him. As for you, your company was doing beyond amazing, going from national to world wide, you owned buildings in Dubai, Spain and even Germany. Your main branch was of course London, that's where the company was founded where you managed and where you was based at, it was amazing what you'd achieved it was unimaginable but you wasn't complaining.

Reiss popped the question a few weeks back, which of course you said yes too, well screamed yes, you'd already had your dream wedding planned out, the pair of you agreeing to have it in London, exactly where you both met.

For the first time in ages, it all felt right, it all felt like it was coming together..

January 10th 2021
8 hours later and the two of you still hadn't spoken all day, he was off on his last training session and proceeding to ignore you and your many many questions. You was trying so hard to get your head round this whole moving countries.

"Right that's it, you're going to talk to me Reiss because you must think i'm some kind of kind reader, i just can't tell what's going on in that fucking brain of yours" you said, stumbling through the door throwing your keys on the side before throwing yourself on the couch beside your sad looking boyfriend. "I'm sorry" was all he could say, looking down at the ground leaving you with a confused look on your face. "Enough with the apologies, i just went to know what this means for us?" you sighed, placing a hand on his cheek and giving it a small pinch, hoping it'd put a smile on his face.

"Well i'm definitely leaving Arsenal, i guess not everything works out...but it means i'm back off to Netherlands.." he said as you slowly nodded "i get it you have to do what's best for your career" you smiled, running a hand through his hair as he was quick to shake his head "no, i can't, i don't want to leave you, not again we're supposed to be trying for a baby and that's going to be an extremely hard challenge if i'm in a different country" he spoke with a slight laughter.

"I'm not arguing with you Reiss, go and sign the contract get yourself off to the Netherlands, follow your dream, your career, I'm not saying i'm going to drop everything because i have my work and my life but i can easily fly out and visit you, your forgetting i have an office over there. As for kids, we'll take that part when it comes around, we'll just take one step at a time. Get on the phone to your agent and tell him your taking the transfer." You blurted out with a soft smile, knowing exactly what you was saying and this was just another step in your life, life isn't life without challenges along the way.