Trent Alexander-Arnold

- heart-breaker.

He had left the night after spending the day at yours, a kiss goodbye and a short 'I love you' from your lips as he showed you a tight lipped smile. Nothing was out of the ordinary, nothing to make you think he didn't love you anymore, but clearly he didn't.

Days and days crept by slowly, no contact from him, no goodnight text, no good morning facetimes, no invites to go watch his matches.

That was it, all conversations finished, communication cut off, unfollowed on all social media, blocked phone number. No explanation, no warning, no idea why.

It was like he had disappeared of the face of the earth, the two years you had spent together played on your mind for weeks, somehow it was over without the two of you finalizing your decision.

You tried to fix your confusion, god knows you tried. Going to his house when you knew he was more than likely to be in, probably watching football whilst lay on the sofa, but when you knocked on, no answer. You tried to ring his phone the dialling cut of immediately.

Everyday that went past, your heart broke into smaller pieces, you had no closure, no explanation as to why he never wanted to speak to you again. Turning the TV on and seeing him running around on the pitch acting as if nothing had happened broke you even more, tears streamed down your face everyday since he'd left, or disappeared more like. Crying yourself to sleep had become a habit now, a genuine smile hadn't met your face in weeks, continuously staring at his hoodies hung up in your wardrobe wondering if he was ever going to come back and collect them.

Wondering if he was ever going to come back at all..

People would ask you how he was, you would simply reply with 'fine' pretending you knew the answer, pretending you were still both happily together. Not wanting to face the reality of explaining what had truly happened. You wouldn't even know where to start, you would tell your boss the bags under your eyes where from all the late night matches and the late night adventures the two of you had. How could you tell your best friend the reason you had become so distant, declining her offers to go on double dates, is because you no longer have a 'date'.

All you wanted was an explanation, and after that maybe you could get your life back on track, and finally accept the fact he was no longer part of it.

***

Like always, you were sat at home, curled up in a blanket, watching Bridget Jones' Baby for the third time this week. You hadn't ate much tonight, or since he left, having lost your appetite along with the part of your heart he took with him. Your emotions were a constant roller-coaster, sadness would turn into anger, anger to disappointment, and then back to sadness. 'Times a healer' you would tell yourself everything morning, every time you was on the verge of tears again. Slowly you had opened up to people, the fact you was laughing at the movie was a good sign.

*Tap, Tap, Tap* a knock at the door interrupted you, pausing the movie to go and see who it was, probably one of them people urging you to take a leaflet, refusing to leave until you did. But this team you was wrong. There was no leaflets in his hand.

You froze the colour draining from your face as you opened the door, your eyes meeting his brown ones after three months as he stood in the dim light of the night, emotion unreadable.

"Trent?"