John Stones

- start over.

You watch the video being shared multiple times. You see all the accounts mentioning your name and all the accounts showing sympathy. You couldn't believe it. You torture yourself as you replay the video. Tears increasing in size as you register what's just happened.

The video shows your boyfriend John kissing and running his hands all over another girl. He's wearing the exact same clothes he left in, he was going to celebrate with his teammates to celebrate winning the league. It was their boys night so you didn't want to intrude. But sadly you wished you did. How could he? After nearly two years together you thought everything was perfect, but by the looks of it, it was all too good to be true.

Tears streaming your face a lot faster as you started doubting your whole relationship. Was it just one time? Or had he finally just been caught? Your mind races as you pace around the room. The messages from your friends start pouring through and you cant think straight with the constant notification's. You start to call your best friend who picks up instantly.

"I- I.. just want to know why" you croak, your throat dry as you cry some more. She tries to calm you down but its unshakeable. You breakdown to her as she listens to your ineligible words, as she tells you that you need to leave the house before John gets home. You decided to do just that.

You quickly try to pack your necessities, the tears still flowing. Anger and frustration started to make its way through the heartache and pain. You looked around and almost everything is related to John, as though nothing is yours nor his but both of yours, your eyes stinging as new tears fall. You shakily pack your things but come to a stop as you hear the front door. He instantly calls out for you but you try to stay as silent as possible as you continue to pack. You hear him opening the door in search for you, you hope he just gives up and leaves so you don't have to put up a fight. Spoken to quickly as you hear his heavy footsteps running up the stairs.

You almost choke on your breath as he the door flings open to reveal John stood there, red faced and strained as he see's you. You rip your eyes away from his as you try to pack even faster.

"Y/N, Y/N- Y- Stop, No. No, N- I'm so sorry" he repeats over and over again as you make your way past him.

"Please. Please, where are you going? I didn't want this to happen, I don't want to lose you. I know I fucked up, I know its my fault please. I need you." He cried as he followed you towards the door. You go to grab the handle but John was quick to take your bag.

"Please, I'm so so s- sorry, I don't want this, I want you. I need you. I- I'm sorry" he begs as he falls to his knees.

You meet his eyes you see the pain, but you replayed the video and its an instant stab to the heart. He pleads but you shake your head and quickly escape before he has the chance to explain.

He doesn't give up. He chases you out and holds onto you one last time.

"Please Y'N, I love you, it was a mistake and I know that cant fix what happened but please let me fix this for the future. Our future."

"I can't believe you did this John, I- I never thought I would be in this position, especially with you. W- why did you do it?" You ask, as he rubs his face getting ready to explain himself.

"I- I drank and drank, clearly too much I know its not an excuse for my actions but I-I just don't know what came over me. I've never thought or even cheated on anyone, and I've never wanted anyone other than you" you let him hold you as his words sink in. You think about all the times you've spent together and all the happiness you shared.

"If I give you another chance, it wont be the same, we start all over again, step by step, until I trust you again. Okay?" You finally say to him.

You stare at him as he stares back and nods. He gives you a half smile showing he understands what you just said. You let him hug you as you sigh into his shoulder. Exhausted by what's happened, knowing your heart won against your head. You're not leaving but you're not completely with him. And he knows that he wont back down. Not if it means having you forever.