Mason Mount

- you belong with me.

Mason had been running from you all his life. He's been denying not just his feelings but also yours. He has compelled himself to believe that all those things you did for him were just out of politeness because your family's are extremely close, even though deep down in his heart he's always known that those were your efforts to be closer to him. He's always reluctantly accepted it, thinking that he would be expected to do the same for you. Years you kept trying. Years he kept denying you.

Mason had barely ever thanked you for those days when you travelled hundreds and hundreds of miles just to watch his matches, the time you stayed in London to accompany him to the hospital after his surgery, or those moments you magically appeared in important and critical moments in his life, let alone repaying it. He's never appreciated you, he was hoping you'd eventually give up. He knew both your families expected you to get together, but Mason didn't want to be forced into a relationship.

He never thought this day would come. He never prepared for the day this would reach his ears; the news that you was going to marry someone.

Mason is completely losing it. He had never felt such panic in his entire life. He feels like his world is slowly ending. For the first time he is forced to swallow his pride and his ego. It was time. Time for him to accept that he is well and truly in love with you.

You never demanded anything from Mason, as you understood the concept of give and take was non-existent in your relationship; Mason only gave you things or did things out of obligation, never making the extra effort. It was your kindness and your extra efforts that made him fall in love with you. Without him even realizing.

When Mason received the news that a businessman from a respected family in Manchester was going to propose to you, he immediately drove to Manchester. Heading straight for your house, wasting no time in telling you that's he well and truly in love with you. Mason received a quick slap to the face "are you fucking kidding me?" you screamed in your tiny study room.

"Three years Mason. Three Years. I did everything for you and I never got a second look of you. Now you're barging into my house telling me your in love with me? Do you even realize what you are doing?"

Mason just stood there and listened to your rants. Extremely quite for thirty minutes. For the past twenty four hours, he had prepared the confession and the explanation you deserved. None of it coming out his mouth because the fact was so much simpler: he had an ego a big one and too much pride. He had hurt you. He knew he had no right to ask you to understand his stupid reasons. After you had calmed down, he gave you a long awaited genuine apology.

"You expect me to forgive you?"

"Yes. I know you will. We love one another, it's always been like that and it always will be." Mason now just standing two feet away from you, staring right into your eyes. "You have all the time to blame me and hate me. I'll be doing that too. But I promise from now on I'll do everything right. I'll love you the way you deserved to be loved. You belong with me. Do you need proof?"

Before you could respond, Mason wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you into a kiss.