Dominic Calvert-Lewin

- just friends.

Dom knew it was wrong the moment he'd started to think about you in more than a friends way. He couldn't help it though- you were gorgeous, you always seemed to shine so brightly without the help of anyone else. His chest always filled with warmth whenever you smiled at him or touched him in any way, he found that he needed your smile and touches more and more each time you two were together.

Just as he was about to confess his feelings to you, you got busier. He knew it wasn't your fault, you was trying to work your way up the corporate ladder to your dream job, Dom knew you had to take every opportunity when it came. The two of you FaceTime' d when you could and made plans to see one another on your next day off.

Dom couldn't wait for your next day off, excited to pull you in for the biggest hug after not seeing you in over three months. He loved the feeling of you in his arms, but he could instantly tell something was off from the moment you sat down. "You're different" he commented before he could stop himself.

"What do you mean?" You asked as you took a sip of your water, while you waited on your beer.

"I don't know what It is, but you're- I don't know- happier?"

You shrugged, smiling to yourself "I'm loving my job and my life right now, I don't know what to tell you".

The two of you caught each other up, talking and laughing for hours. Just as you was about to order another drink, the waitress brought you another beer 'courtesy of the man at the bar'.

You shot Dom an apologetic look as you took a sip of the free beer. "Do you mind if I go say thank you?" Dom hid his disappointment, letting you go share your light with someone else. "Sure, go ahead". He watched you walk away, trying to figure out how he could confess his feelings to you.

You returned sooner than expected, your cheeks flushed from laughter and excitement. "Sorry about that- I had to make sure he knew I was taken."

"Taken?" Dom's stomach flipped- surely you wouldn't be one the confessing your feelings to him before he got the chance. Right?

You tilted your head smiling at him. "I've got a boyfriend." You exclaimed, the smile lighting your face the one Dom was so accustomed to seeing directed at him feeling like a punch to the heart. "He's amazing, I cant wait for you to meet him."

Dom put on a fake smile, half-listening to you gush about the new man in your life who wasn't him, half-hoping the new man didn't love you as much as he did.

--- (Part 2)

You: Can you come over? I need you.

Dom's mind was racing from the moment he got your text to the moment you answered your door. His heart broke at the sight of you wrapped up in the blanket he'd given you for Christmas two years ago, your eyes rimmed red and puffy from crying as you let him in without a word.

The two of you sat on the couch, Dom too scared to say anything, waiting for you to speak.

"He was cheating on me" You whispered, your voice so soft and hurt, Dom wasn't sure he'd even heard you.

"What?" He asked, still in disbelief, still trying to process your words.

"He was cheating on me- almost from the moment we me. Not- not only that, but he was cheating on another girl with me, so not only was I the other women!!" Your hands balled into fists, you tried to hold back more tears that threatened to spill over.

"I'm so sorry." Dom said, pulling you straight into a hug whilst trying to control his rage. He remember the look on your face a month ago when you was telling him about your now ex-boyfriend- how happy and excited you had been at finding someone. It had been a jealous thought at the time, but he hadn't stopped it. Dom secretly hoped that you'd dump the guy, but not like this, not in a way that would leave you sobbing the way you was.

You held onto Dom, letting his hand roam up and down your back soothingly. When you regained the ability to articulate what your ex had done, you gave Dom all the details, leaving nothing out.

"Are you serious?!" Dom fumed, standing up and pacing the living room when you had finished.

You nodded unable to look at him as you played with your hands.

You watched Dom pace around, yelling obscenities and occasionally muttering to himself. "That fucking wanker, how the fuck does he think he can treat you like shit and get away with it" His fists clenching and unclenching at his sides. He looked directly at you as he said "I'd hoped he was different Y/N, I really did. I knew that if I couldn't have you the way I wanted, then I wanted you to have someone who would treat you just as good- if not better- then I would and-"

Dom continued his rant, but your mind was racing at his words. Goosebumps raced over your body as you thought back to the day in the pub when you told him. You replayed the look on his face, the way he talked and behaved, everything. All the pieces started to fall into place and suddenly you were thinking back to every little moment you'd had with him since the two of you's had hit puberty and it all made sense.

"I cant believe-" Dom was saying, you quickly cutting him off.

"How long?" You quickly said.

"How long, what?"

Your voice was a whisper as you asked "how long have you been in love with me?"

You watched Dom process your question, your heart racing. You knew you'd hurt him, and it hurt you as you watched him try to pick a lie.

Tears stung your eyes again, but you didn't, you couldn't let them fall. You tore of the blanket, the shame and disappointment making you sweat. You walked up to him, placing a hand on his cheek "Its okay- I'll rephrase. When did you love me?"

"No baby, I-"

"Dom, listen to me- I'm sorry, I wish I'd known how you felt about me back then because-"

Dom cut you off with a kiss, one hand on your lower back with the other tangled in your hair. His breathing ragged as he broke the kiss, Dom's voice tortured as he whispered "Not back then. Now. I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember and its been killing me. Last month I was going to tell you how I felt, but then you told me you was taken.. so I had to wait" Dom closed his eyes as he leaned his forehead against yours, swallowing hard. "I can't wait anymore Y/N"

"Dom" You murmured, your hand coming up to cup his cheek. "Kiss me again".

He didn't have to be told twice, walking you backwards until your back hit the wall, his lips hungrily on yours.

Later that night the two of you laid in your bed, Dom's arm around you rubbing soothing circles on your shoulder, your head on his chest. "I've wanted this for so long." Dom mumbled, dropping a kiss into your hair. "God, I don't want to let you go."

You pressed a kiss to his chest. "You don't have to, I'm all yours"