Mason Mount

-you.
*part six..
---

'you free?'

You sent the text without thinking, sitting in the back of the uber not knowing what to do, originally planning on going home and crying yourself to sleep, but you missed his touch, his dimpled smile.

'for you, always x'

A text pinged back as he replied quicker than you had expected, you couldn't help but smile down at your phone.

'can i come round?xx'

'course you can, doors always open for you xxx'

'thanks T, see you soon x'

It was like you'd know him your whole life, his heart so pure and welcoming. You could gradually feel your broken heart pulling itself back together again as you told the uber driver to go to his address instead of yours.

He welcomed you at the door, his hair still a mess which you wasn't surprised at he didn't get much of a chance to do it before Mason threw him out, small smile as he pulled you in for a hug once he saw the hurt expression painted all over your face, whispering it was all going to be ok, how everything would work out how it should.

You sat in the living room with his mum, she'd made you a cup of tea, chatting away with you and Trent about his upcoming game, the one you were dreading. The conversation was soon changed as she noticed how uncomfortable you'd got, your hands shaking slightly, the need to cry, but you knew you couldn't let the tears fall, not in-front of them. Trent whacked on a film, flinging his arms around your shoulders as you snuggled into him, the warmth of his body comforting you slightly, his hold being the only thing you needed right now. It felt.. Comfortable.

The rest of the evening was much the same, just two friends watching a film, chilling and talking. He really was the comfort you needed, but it still didn't feel enough. Every time you looked up at him you were hoping to see Masons face, hoping the arm around you was Masons, the person you were crawling into bed with should be Mason, the body you fell asleep next too... should be Masons.

Once again you found yourself waking up to his face, no naughty business last night, just cuddles. He was smiling down at you as you rolled over to face him, you instantly returned the smile, but it didn't feel genuine, it felt like a part of your heart was still missing. Like someone was missing. Your heart rapidly pumping from the second you opened your eyes, mind racing over the events of the day. You'd both gotten ready in comfortable silence, you caught Trent looking over at you a few times as you took your shorts off and replaced them with jeans.

It was the day of the Liverpool vs Chelsea game... this was going to be extremely awkward. Trent had got you tickets to go, his attempt to get you out of the low mood you've been in. He'd given you the 'Alexander-Arnold' shirt to wear, the number 66 on the back looking foreign. There should be a number 19 there instead.. No. Stop. Forget about him. He doesn't love you, he'll never feel the way you do..

You were sat in the home stands with Trent's brothers cheering on for Liverpool.. Not Chelsea. It was tense, everyone around you standing on the tip of their toes to get the best view. It was currently 1-1, your heart thumping in your chest, still unsure what team you was really rooting for, but that confusion was answered a few minutes later. Own goal. Shit. Cheers pierced through your ears, almost deafening as the fans jumped up and down, but you stood still, you couldn't bring yourself to celebrate, you didn't want to celebrate. Your eyes instantly following Mason, watching him throw his hands up in frustration, profanities leaving his mouth. All you wanted was to run on that pitch and hold him, tell him it's ok, that your proud of him no matter what. Your thoughts were the only thing stopping you.

He doesn't want you anymore. He never will.

The match ended, forcing a smile upon your face as the Liverpool fans celebrated around you. It felt like someone was forcing your hands to clap. Trent's eyes instantly met yours as he walked under the tunnel, back into the changing rooms. You smiled back, but it felt so wrong. Turning your head as you saw Mason coming towards the same tunnel Trent just entered, you wanted him to look at you, to see you. He did.

His face dropped as his eyes landed on you, quickly flickering away to look back down at the ground, noticing the red shirt on your body, Trent's name across your back, not his. It broke his heart, and he didn't know why, he didn't know why it hurt so bad...

Why weren't you his?

You were asking yourself the exact same question, shivers running down your spine at the blank expression had given you, trying to brush it off as Tyler and Marcel began a conversation, the three of you stop waiting outside the changing rooms, stood exactly in the middle of the home and away team. It was like a physical representation of your heart, not knowing what side to lean towards, feeling guilty wherever you end up. Looking up from your phone when you hear the buzz of deep voices, the Chelsea boys walking out of the changing rooms, phones in hand, headphones in their ears as they tried to drown out the feeling of defeat.

Your heart ached for every single off them, but it broke a little more when your eyes met with him once again, this time he didn't look away, eyes staying fixated on yours as a silent cry for help, Tyler and Marcel giving each other question looks as they watched you walk towards Mason, the two of you silent as you walked side by side back into the changing rooms.

Then it was just you. Silent. Awkward. Neither of you knowing what to say, the thought of Trent still in the back of your mind, but the person you needed most was here, right in front of you.

"I'm sorry." You jumped a little as his deep voice, your brain processing the two short words he'd just said to you, a deep breath escaping your nose as you kept your lips stitched tight together, your eyes meeting once again.

"I don't want to let you go, your not a slag, if anything i am. I thought sleeping with others girls would take my mind off you for once, but in reality, they're not you, never was, never will be" he admitted fiddling awkwardly with his long sleeves, melting as his words, the ones you needed to hear to finish the puzzle, all the pieces coming together as you realised just how madly, deeply in love with this idiot you were.

"Come here" you opened your arms which he instantly cuddled into, his arms around you feeling so natural, and it didn't fuss you that his hands were travelling down your body. The scatter of kisses on your neck sending goosebumps to the surface of your skin, a small whimper leaving your lips.

"I need you." He mumbled into your neck as you giggled, his v-line being evident as his shirt rose, it was all a blur, clothes being flung off one another's bodies, breaths and moans becoming louder and louder, he's pushing you up against the wall in the changing rooms, practically ripping off your shirt, the number and name on the back making him only want to fuck you harder, show you that your his, and only his. Forever.

"This what you wanted? To be fucked in the changing rooms, my naughty girl" your screaming as he pounds into you, almost certain that anyone in the stadium would be able to hear the two of you, he's biting and tugging at your hair, ass red raw as he slaps it, instantly checking your okay when you both finish. Pulling your underwear up as you shuffle back into your jeans.

It's silent again. Not exactly sure what to say, tell him you love him.. It's now or never. "I-"

"Does this mean your mine again?" your words were interrupted as you both speak at the exact same time, an awkward laugh leaving your mouth. "Oh sorry, what were you saying?"  he pushed you to finish your sentence, but you just couldn't get the words out, thinking on the spot trying to make something up.

"Oh, just saying that i'm yours again, all yours" that was close enough right? His smile had returned, the two of you happy again as he pulled you into his chest again, his hold the only thing you needed right now. It felt like home.