Mason Mount

- gaffers in-law.

The words have arrived to the dressing room. It was literally the only thing everyone had been asking one another as soon as they arrived at the training ground today. The news had broken out last night and it travelled fast, giving everyone quite a shock.

BREAKING NEWS: Mason Mount is dating Thomas Tuchel's daughter.

According to the news, you had been seen leaving your apartment and getting into his car, late afternoon. Your faces were clearly shown on the photos, taken leaving the shopping centre, so it could easily be confirmed it was indeed Mason and Tuchel's daughter.

Mason was awfully quite in his training session, Mason wasn't being Mason. He wasn't full of smiles, he was barely talking, keeping his distance, somehow making everyone know the news was true. He even waited for the dressing room to be empty, stalling his time in the gym before he decided that it was safe enough for him to wrap up his day, take an extremely quick shower and then head home.

Mason knew he should have known better, that he wouldn't be able to get away with it just like that. He should've expected Ben, Tammy and Reece to wait for him in the dressing room, all three ready to interrogate him. 

"Is it true?" Ben asked as soon as Mason sat down, casually taking a seat beside him. Reece and Tammy casually sitting across from them, the three of them had the same look plastered on their faces. It was a mixture of curiosity and concern, which if anything only irritated Mason.

Mason didn't answer the question he just kept rummaging through his bag, pretending to search for something. When he felt like the unfaltering gazes wouldn't stop demanding and answer, he eyed all three of them back one by one with a sharp look that said, "you think?"

Ben sighed, leaning himself back to the locker. "Can't believe you didn't even tell us. We could've prepared for it."

"I was going to tell you, when the time was right. We still needed time to figure things out." Mason finally said.

"Who knows about it?"

"Only Dec, and Y/N's best friend's, we wanted to tell our families first and then keep it private. But now well, the whole world knows."

Mason rarely got mad, but it wasn't hard to tell he was extremely mad now, making Ben feel really bad for his best friend. "I'm sorry mate" Ben patted Mason's shoulder, trying to give a little consolation. With an important match coming up and now this, he knew Mason had a lot to thing about.

"Mate we've got your back, yeah? Tell us if you need anything" Tammy offered his support and Mason just nodded. He appreciated his friends for this, but he felt like he needed some alone time.

The distressing thoughts from last night that had eaten his mind until he'd fallen asleep were already crawling back, reminding Mason that they needed to be taken care off. Without any more words, Mason hopped into the shower hoping that the running water would help wash his worries away.

-

"Why aren't you answering my texts?"

Mason found you in the kitchen, surprised that you seemed to be preoccupied. Not that he wanted to see you idling in distress, but the last thing he expected you to be doing was cooking.

"I've not been looking at my phone. Everyone's bombarding me with messages to ask only one thing.. and it's stressing me out Mase, so I ditched my phone somewhere" you answered. You was still very composed, at least you looked like you was, but from your panicked tone Mason knew that you were absolutely freaking out.