CHAPTER 2

--

--

The chatters and sounds of boxes became a bit louder but still were slightly faint. I decided to keep on listening to it.

"C'mon, keep this box in the living room...and this uh, in the bedroom."

These kinds of chattering and talking kept on happening for some minutes until I realized that it was about to be 6 pm by looking at the clock on the wall opposite the door.

I walked a few steps towards the stairs and went back to my room. I grabbed my school bag which was kept on a turquoise-colored medium-sized stool. My school bag was jade-colored with two thin zip straps at the behind and one small in the front. The straps were crimson-colored.

I unzipped the middle zip and slipped my mathematics notebook out of my bag. I placed it on the table, grabbed my pen, sat down on my chair, and opened my notebook. I scammed through the maths problems and let out a sigh.

I tried my best to concentrate and solve the problems but Ariana Grande wasn't coming out of my mind. Her songs surely are awesome but I needed to concentrate. Within like, maybe 30 minutes. I wasn't sure whether all my answers were correct (of course because I ain't any topper lol) but certainly did attempt them.

I suddenly remembered that some new people have become my neighbors so I got up and walked down my room's door. I jogged down the stairs, went towards the doorstep, and again brought my ear against it. Surprisingly, I could hear those same kinds of chattering and noises from the outside.

I got even more curious so I held the knob, twisted it, and opened the door slowly. Instead of opening it almost entirely, I just took a peek outside to check how those people outside looked like.

I could see several people in a particular uniform, almost each holding taped wooden boxes of a variety of sizes. Some of them were going out while some of them were coming in.

I opened the door a bit more and I could see a middle-aged man with a boy near the doorstep next to mine, supposedly in his teens. I saw the man pointing his finger towards different directions in the house and the people also known as the workers going towards those directions directed.

I kept looking at the scene and I somehow accidentally made eye contact with that teenage guy.

I'm not socially awkward, but making sudden eye contact with some random guy is embarrassing.

That guy made a disgusted and a whatever-face and turned away. Wow, that was mean.

By that time, that middle-aged man (so I suppose now is his father duh) noticed and smiled at me. I felt weird and gave an awkward type of smile back.

After some minutes, his father broke the awkwardness by speaking to me.

"Hey, I suppose we're your new neighbors now." he beamed a smile at me.

"Uh, yeah! Welcome," I stuttered and again gave an awkward smile back.

Soon, he smiled again, "Well, this is my son!" and looked towards that teenage guy standing next to him.

That teenage guy rolled his eyes and snapped "Uh, yeah, hi! I'm Jason"

I opened the door a bit more and went out.

"I'm Melissa!" I exclaimed

I walked towards that father, shook his hand. I tried to do the same with that teen guy, but he avoided it.

"What's your problem, girl?" he shouted

--

.

.

.

Hey Guys!!

I hope you guys are liking this!

Bye!!