CHAPTER 20

--

--

Soon after, our class ended and we walked out of the classroom for fun.

"So what have you decided?" 

I looked towards Katie who was waiting for my response.

I sighed. "Uh, i-if he brings it up—"

"Girl, you're not being serious right?" she began to chuckle.

"W-what?" I stuttered with confusion.

"Why would he bring this up?! I mean, do you expect him to be like "Hey, remember when I called you 'my girl'?" and then he would explain what he meant by that?" 

She glared at me as though she felt that she was friends with someone who's pretty dumb (jk).

"N-never mind" I gave a fake light chuckle.

I looked around and suddenly, my eyes fell on him.

Katie probably noticed it and softly pushed me ahead..towards him.

I noticed and glared at her with slight anger. She smirked.

Jason noticed it and smiled nervously.

Jason's POV

I hope she's forgotten about my slip of the tongue. I mistakenly called her 'my girl'.

But wait! What if she didn't hear it?! I hope she didn't. It's so embarrassing. 

I saw Melissa walking towards me.

"I just wanted to tell you that it was just a slip of tongue. Don't take it seriously!" I snapped.

She looked shocked. I gulped and began breathing heavily (why?).

I avoided eye contact with her and walked away.

Shoot, what have I done? I'm so embarrassed. What if she didn't even hear that phrase from the beginning? She would be so confused. 

Melissa's POV

"I just wanted to tell you that it was just a slip of tongue. Don't take it seriously!" he snapped.

 I was shocked. How did he know what I was thinking about? Did he read my mind?

Before I could've said anything, he suddenly walked away.

What just happened? i-

But wait, I was right! It was a slip of tongue. Of course, he didn't mean it. :')

"How did he know?"

I heard Katie's voice from behind.

I turned towards her and shrugged my shoulders.

"He really read your mind, wow" she smirked.

"Yeahh...I guess" I said awkwardly.

"Aish, you know, I'm really fed up" 

"What do you mean? Fed up of what?" 

She walked towards me and sighed out of irritation.

"Why don't any of you guys make. a. freaking. move. ?" she raised her voice slightly. "I mean, come on. You both like each other. I see it, I see the feelings and love. But you guys won't do anything about it. I even told you to make a move and you had agreed to do it but you haven't done it till now. Neither is he doing anything. How is this gonna work, huh?" 

She raised her eyebrows.

"Just have pat—"

"I guess, I'll have to play cupid for you guys. Like for real now." She looked away from me and made a disappointed face.

"W-what?" 

I looked towards her with my eyes widened. 

.

.

.

My best friend being Melisson's cupid?

--

We've finally reached 20 chapters yayy 

I hope you guys liked it!

Ok byee