CHAPTER 26

--

--

-Next Day-

Bzz bzz

Ugh!

I woke to my alarm nearly ringing in my ears. The screaming sound filled the whole room. I fluttered my eyes open and realized where I was. I was literally at the same place from the time I came back from the party. Slowly, all the moments, the saddening and upsetting moments replayed in my mind. They seemed so fresh as if they had just happened a few minutes ago.

It created a small frown on my face until my eyes became soft with tears forming inside them. I immediately closed my eyes to prevent them from rolling down my cheeks. I gulped and took a long sigh. 

I scoffed softly and smirked. 

Why am I wasting my tears for someone like Jason? For a useless person like Jason?

I slowly got up from the floor and found the door still shut. I held the door's knob and twist-opened it. I sleepily walked towards my side table to shut the alarm off. 

I don't even feel like going to school today. How will face everyone now? It's so embarrassing. 

"Meli, sweety, have you gotten up yet?" 

A voice screamed from downstairs.

"Yeah, mom!"

I freshened up and went downstairs.

I had my breakfast and stepped out of the house to board the bus. The bus journey went fine, I suppose hehe. Just the usual chit-chats and gossips that had filled the bus. 

I walked through the hallways and almost made my way to my class until..

A person slammed their hand on the wall in front of me to block me from stepping forward. I flinched. Then my eyes tried to capture the person's face to recognize them. 

"So you guys are still away from each other, right?"

It was the girl who had fangirled over Jason the day he had made that announcement about the camp. (Check Chapter 6 for reference) 

She was the one who wanted to date him 'so bad' and had called him 'tempting'.

"What do you mean?"

She scoffed and glared at me.

"You guys— are you guys dating?"

"That's none of your business!" I faked a smile and tried to step away from her.

"It is actually" she prevented me from going away. "You gotta stay here, you bitch!"

"Alright, bitch! And why is it your business?"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" she paused waiting for me to respond back. She closed her eyes and sighed in frustration. "I like him!" 

I chuckled.

"So? What am I supposed to do? Be a freaking cupid for you guys?" 

She released her hand from the wall and leaned onto it.

"Well, sure. I'd be more than glad"

Before I could speak, she spoke again.

"But wait, you guys aren't dating? Y'all kissed though, I mean.."

"I guess you weren't present at the party last night"

She gulped.

"Um, well, yeah. I couldn't attend it"

"Ok, then. He's yours. I don't care"

"Wait what?" She smiled with happiness shown in her eyes.

I nodded with a faded smile.

"Well, he better be. Because I don't see any future of his with you" She pointed her index finger at me.

"We'll see about that!" I moved away from her.

"MELISSA!"

I heard a voice from behind so turned to see who it was.

I suppose you can guess who it was. (I hope you can) So I ignored him and continued my way to the class.

"MELISSA! JUST LISTEN TO ME"

Jason kept on calling for me with a high rise of voice.

I kept on walking until I felt a hand on my mouth preventing me from saying anything.

My back hit the wall and I saw Jason looking at me with his hand on my mouth.

I tried to speak but it was all muffled and understandable.

"We need to talk" He blurted out with the most serious face ever.

Oh well..

.

.

.

What do you think it's gonna be?

--

Hey guyss

I hope you're all doing good!

Btw, I guess I'm back to publishing new chapters regularly.

Yayyy (ig)

Anyway, do you think that the story is going slightly slow? Let me know what you think!

Thank you!! Ok byee