CHAPTER 7

--

--

He was on top of me and looked at me with shock.

I gulped as my heart started racing. 

He swiftly removed his left hand from my back and kept it on the floor to give himself support. 

His right hand slowly left the back of my head and landed on the other side of the floor beside me. 

I glared at his shocked eyes and unexpectedly, my eyes softened. 

"Melissa, I-I like you" he stuttered.

My eyes widened.

"I really like you, will you be my girlfriend?" he smiled and waited for an answer.

Suddenly, I heard some random background noises around and burst out of my dreamland (lol) and noticed how much people around us were gossiping, seeing us in this situation.

I realized that whatever he had just said to me, was all imaginary.

Immediately after that, he got up. He reached my hand towards me to get me up.

I placed my hand on his hand and he pulled me up as I kept my feet back on the floor.

He saw the others gossiping around us and exhaled heavily.

"There's nothing going on guys. Calm down. She just fell and I saved her, nothing else. There's nothing to gossip about." he explained with a frustrated tone. 

Soon, the others went away and that left us both alone in the middle of the hallway.

He gave a light chuckle and ran his fingers through his hair.

"How have I not seen you here, before? Which class are you in?" he raised an eyebrow and slightly smirked.

"Well, because we haven't met yet and yeah, I'm in the class opposite to yours" I explained.

"Wait, are you serious? I literally came to your class to do that announcement and never saw you" his eyes widened.

"Um, well maybe you were too focused on your announcement that you didn't check around the class" I gave a fake chuckle.

"Hah, yeah maybe" he scoffed. "Uh I just wanted to say sorry too" he licked his lips and looked down in embarrassment.

"Uh..why?"

"T-the way I behaved with you, you know when we met for the first time..? I wasn't in a good state of mind" he rubbed his nape. 

I crossed my arms and said, "It's ok". He smiled slightly.

"Aish, anyway-" he came closer to my ear and spoke softly, "Nobody should know that we're neighbors, alright?" he looked at me with all seriousness.

"B-but why not? Is it bad that we're neighbors?" I made a confused expression.

"Um, not exactly but people might think that something's going on between us, you know.." he ran his fingers through his hair again.

"Uh ok..alright. But I might've just told one person...?" I spoke softly.

"Who? Whom did you tell to?" he raised both his eyebrows with widened eyes.

"K-Katie- I mean she's my best friend. She wouldn't tell anyone. I trust her, we both trust each other" I nibbled on my lower lip and gulped.

He sighed and pleaded, "Fine. Please make sure she doesn't tell anyone, please".

I nodded with a small smile.

He sighed a short relief and walked away.

I recalled the incident we both just had and it gave me chills around my body which made me smile a bit.

Soon, I walked towards my class and sat next to Katie.

"So what were you guys talking about, huh?" she teased me.

"Nothing really. We just talked about the fact that no one should come to know about the fact that we're neighbors, I guess" I sighed.

"W-what? Why?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Um, so that people wouldn't spread rumors about us, you know, being together or something" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh." she snapped with a blank expression. "By the way, I was the one who made you twist your ankle, hehe" she giggled.

"Wait what? Why would you do that?" I looked at her with shock.

"Oh come on, don't tell me you didn't love that. I saw how you were looking at him" she nudged my shoulder and I began to blush.

"But still, it was so embarrassing" I chuckled shyly. 

"Eh, whatever." she playfully hit my shoulder. 

--

-Next Day-

It was morning and I walked into the school. 

"Haha omg here's his neighbor! Do you think something's going on between them?"

I heard a voice behind me so I turned and glanced at the person.

He noticed me and gulped.

I almost uttered a word to him until I saw Jason coming through the school entrance.

"Hey there, Melissa's neighbor, or maybe boyfriend?" the person laughed.

Jason looked straight towards me with widened eyes full of shock.

He clenched his jaw and before I could've said anything to him, he walked away.

"Jason!" I called him but he ignored it.

.

.

I couldn't believe that Katie, my best friend..who I trusted the most, broke my trust in her today.

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you like it!

Ok byee