CHAPTER 17

--

--

Suddenly, a ring from my phone interrupted my crying session.

I sniffled, wiped the tears running down my cheek, and grabbed my phone. I got up on my feet and sat on the edge of my bed.

I looked towards the contact name but it had appeared to be someone unknown. I thought to ignore it but changed my mind at the last minute and picked up the call.

"Hello?" I waited for a response from the caller's side.

"Hi, this is Melissa right?" 

It was a rusty voice with a slight sadness. I felt it.

"Y-yes..Who're you?"

"This is Jason.." 

My heart started racing and there was some silence between us. However, I broke it soon after.

"Uh, how did you get my number? I don't remember giving it to you" 

"That honestly shouldn't concern you" He snapped.

"It does because it's my number.. my phone number" I slightly shrugged my shoulders and emphasized 'my'. 

He sighed.

"Katie gave me." He paused and spoke again, "Alright?"

"Oh, but why though? Couldn't you have asked me directly?" 

"Uh, I- uh.." He stuttered.

"I just didn't want to.. so I asked her" 

I rolled my eyes.

"You know you can ask me if you want something from me, right?"

"Y-yeah, of course!" 

I hummed in response.

"Btw, I had called you for a specific reason. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry" He uttered softly.

"Sorry for what? Sorry for your mistake?" I raised my voice slightly.

"I-I hurt you. I shouldn't have do—" I immediately cut the call halfway.

I kept my phone on the table beside my bed and threw myself on the bed.

My back and the back of my head softly hit the bed. I laid my legs on the rest of the bed and sighed.

What does he think of himself? He really thought that just an apology would heal everything and make me forget everything?  

-At School-

I entered the school walked through the hallway. 

"Melissa!" I heard a voice. And it was obviously...Jason's. 

I ignored it and continued walking. He kept on following me from behind.

"Please listen to m—" 

"Shut up!" I snapped. 

Suddenly, he held my hand and it made me stop on the way.

I closed my eyes hard and clenched my jaw.

Before I could say anything, he forcedly led me to a secretive place and softly smashed my back against the wall.

"What are you doi—" He placed his hand on my mouth.

I tried to talk but it all came in a muffled way.

"Ok, first off, listen to me." He gulped. "You cut the call midway, yesterday. I mean I don't blame you, I understand but you could've listened to me. Anyway, I said I'm sorry for what I did. I know it was your first kiss and all but I'm sorry. That freaking pervert, Aiden was trying to use you."

I calmed down and listened to him.

"I literally heard him saying that he doesn't like you in that way and you're not his type at all. He just wanted to steal your first kiss" He explained and sighed at the end.

He removed his hand from my mouth and allowed me to speak. 

"I mean, thank you but—" I snapped trying to hide my smile.

"I didn't have any plan on stealing your first kiss" He looked down with embarrassment. 

We both spoke together and I immediately covered my mouth with hands with widened eyes.

He froze. 

"W-wait what?" He was expressionless.

"Never mind. It just slipped out of my tongue for no reason. Ignore it"

"Are you sure? So you liked it?" He smirked.

"Uh—I mean—" 

"I mean you're thanking me.." He came closer towards me and brought his mouth near to my ear. "For kissing you"

He hissed those three words into my ear and it sent chills through my spine.

.

.

.

Are they gonna make a move soon? What do you think?

--

That's it for this chapter!

I'm sorry for posting the chapter a few days later.. but I hope you liked it!

Byee