CHAPTER 30

--

--

One Month Later..

I sat with Katie in the class and did our usual talks and gossips.

Nothing much happened except for the fact that Jason and Mia had grown much closer than earlier. That was bound to happen, right?

"I'm so excited about the camp!! It's literally tomorrow!" Katie squealed.

"Yeah, me too! I hope we get paired together!" I smiled.

"But then what about Aiden?" 

I stopped smiling. "Uh, I-I don't know. I mean we don't know if we will actually get paired" I chuckled.

"Yeah! Look, if I get to choose my partner, I'll be in trouble. It'll be so tough!" She chuckled too.

"I thought besties before boyfriends?" I looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Uh, um, I- yeah obviously!" She hugged me tightly.

"Yeah, yeah sure!" I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Soon, all the classes ended and it was time for us to disperse. I walked out of the campus, boarded the bus, and came back to my house.

I completed all my assignments, packed my bag for the camp, and eagerly waited for the next day. 

-Next Day-

I woke up with an expected cheerful mood and freshened up. I had my breakfast, boarded the bus, and reached the school campus. 

I saw many of my classmates eagerly waiting for the trip.

"Omg, hey!" I saw Katie. "Remember when we talked about our pairs and all?" She looked at me.

"Yeah, I remember! What about it?"

"Well—"

"Are we a pair?" My eyes widened with a smile as I waited for her response.

"Um, I don't know" She chuckled lightly. "But, we can sit with whoever we want to during the journey!" 

"Ohh!!" I smiled.

She nodded in response.

Soon, an announcement interrupted our talks and gossips around the class.

"Good Morning students, as you all know that we're going for a trip to New York. We'll be camping near Herkimer KOA Resort. So, get ready with your bags and belongings as we announce the timing to assemble together. Thank you!" 

Another announcement was heard within a few seconds.

"Also, just for the confirmation, we have booked the tickets for the flight so don't worry. The flight will be entirely safe and we will successfully reach our destination!"

Everything sounded so exciting. 

After some time, we heard an announcement to assemble outside. 

We grabbed our bags and headed towards the main hall. I could feel the joys and excitement through the talks and laughs which filled the main hall. 

There were a lot of students with me so we were put into 6-7 groups consisting of around 10-15 students. 

We made our move and boarded the bus. This time, the bus journey was fun because I had my classmates and especially, Katie with me. 

We talked, munched on snacks, and just explored the outside world throughout the journey. 

Within half an hour, we reached the airport. It wasn't really crowded there probably because it was only morning but not early morning. We got out of the bus turn by turn and carried our bags with us. 

The airport was pretty huge and nearly luxurious. I could see families, couples, and individual people coming out or going inside as well. There were only a few vehicles around the parking lot opposite the airport. Of course, there were also school buses slowly arriving turn by turn and dropping off other students. 

We all entered the airport group-wise and dropped our bags for the officers to check our bags. Soon, we made it through the security check. 

We walked towards the waiting area for all the flights. We sat near the seats around the area to wait for our flight. Within a few minutes, we heard an announcement about our flight so we decided to head out towards the airplane. 

We climbed up the staircase and entered the airplane. 

I walked past a few sets of seats and found one for myself to sit on. It was a seat next to the window hehe. I sat down and motioned for Katie to sit next to me. After that, Katie motioned for Aiden to sit next to her. Wow!

I watched everybody enter and sit in different seats. 

Everything was going fine until..

I saw Jason. He walked past some seats while I prayed for him to sit away from me. However, as expected I guess, he found a seat behind me. 

My heart started racing. 

I thought I would be able to enjoy freely but I guess not. 

"All the best, Melissa! I hope you have a great flight!" Katie smirked as she noticed him sitting behind me. 

.

.

.

Was this planned or coincidental? 

--

Hey guys!!

Please excuse any errors or mistakes I might have made while describing their airport journey..

I hope you liked this chapter! 

Btw, we reached 30 chapters yayyy!!!

Ok byee