CHAPTER 4

--

--

I saw a picture of Jason in front of my eyes. 

He was seen to be sitting in a restaurant with his body facing the camera. He was sitting with crossed arms on the table in front of him. His eyes slightly glanced at the camera with a small smile that mixed with a poker face expression. I checked his outfit and I could only see his shirt since the table covered the rest of his body. He was wearing a slightly oversized shirt which was orange-ish yellow in color. 

I didn't even realize when my heart started racing. Wait what?  I quickly switched off my phone and kept it aside. 

His picture repeatedly kept coming into my mind the more I tried to distract myself from it.

Suddenly, I started smiling so much. I was so confused. 

I nervously eyed my phone and then slowly reached my hand to grab it. 

I re-opened Instagram and saw his post again. I swear I couldn't stop smiling..so I started to bite my bottom lip to prevent myself from doing so. 

Soon, a question popped up in my head. Do I like him?

However, I brushed it off since I got reminded of his behavior at the time we both met for the first time. 

 --

Flashback start

Soon, his father smiled again, "Well, this is my son!" and looked towards that teenage guy standing next to him.

That teenage guy rolled his eyes and snapped "Uh, yeah, hi! I'm Jason"

"I'm Melissa!" I exclaimed

I tried to shook his hand, however..

"What's your problem, girl?" he shouted

Flashback end

--

I closed my eyes and quickly shook my head to brush that horrible memory off my head.

I sighed and felt that I might be overthinking because how can I like a guy like him?!

To distract me from these things, I went out of my room, walked downstairs, and grabbed myself a bar of chocolate. 

As I started munching on it, I still heard some chit-chats outside. I tried to ignore it but my eyes widened when I heard Jason's voice. My heart started to race. 

I gave a big sigh and tried to calm myself down. Soon, I couldn't help but check on what was going on. I walked towards the door, twisted the knob, and opened it slightly.  

As I glanced outside, my eyes met his and we kept staring at each other. 

Then, he gave a small smile at me. I gulped, gave an awkward smile back, and rushed inside my house.

I smashed the door close and leaned my back against it. 

My heart started to race even more and my breathing was pretty heavy. I couldn't stop smiling yet again and because of that, I covered my face with my hands.

--

Jason's POV

I was helping my father take care of the stuff that's being moved into our new house. I mean I do agree that I told that I'm not happy with this decision but I have no choice, to be honest.

I began thinking about how different my life would become due to this change. It wouldn't make such a big difference maybe?!

Suddenly, I got cut off between my thoughts as I heard an opening of a door. My eyes followed the direction from where I heard the door open and I saw Melissa. 

I was confused as to why she would come to see us do our work again. 

Soon, our eyes locked because I noticed her staring at me. I felt it odd.

I saw slight redness on her cheeks. I was almost going to smirk looking at it however, I gave a small smile instead.

Within almost no time, she hurried inside her house and closed the door. 

I swear I was confused because first, I saw some redness on her cheek, and second, she unexpectedly went inside in a jiffy.

I know I was too quick to decide and conclude but a question popped up in my head..

.

.

Does she like me?

--

That's it for this chapter!!

I hope you guys liked it!

Ok byee