CHAPTER 19

--

--

I kept on walking towards my class but I got interrupted as Katie appeared out of the blue.

"Heya!!" 

"Sheesh, hi lol!" I flinched and took a deep breath after that.

"Well..." she paused, "Something was happening a few minutes ago"

She nudged my elbow with hers and teased me.

"Nothing happened!!" I exclaimed shyly.

"I guess you didn't notice but I was there the whole time" 

I looked towards her with shock. Did she see everything? Whatever happened? Oh god!

"W-why didn't you say anything that time then?" 

"Why didn't I say anything? Are you kidding? Who would want to ruin a romantic moment?" she smirked.

"Aish, I feel so embarrassed!" I mumbled to myself.

"So... he was about to kiss you right?"

I struggled to speak due to recalling that moment.

"Right?" she repeated and waited for my response.

"Um, yeah—"

"Omg!!" she squealed.

"But it was a prank. He wasn't intending on kissing me" I smiled slightly.

"Oh!" 

She was expressionless and looked away from me. Then, she put both her hands on my shoulders with a consoling smile.

"It's ok! Just relax!" 

I sighed and nodded.

"I-I mean you guys at least shared a kiss earlier, anyway. It was your first kiss, right? At least be thankful for that" 

"Uh, yeah. That's tru—" 

The bell suddenly rang loud and cut what was I saying.

"Come on, we've to go. Just chill though, okay? Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure he likes you back" 

She smiled at me and held my hand.

We entered the classroom and walked through the seats. I looked around and realized that our teacher hadn't come till that time. Soon, we got seated and kept our school stuff on the table.

I looked towards Katie and motioned her to come closer to me. And she did. 

"He even called me 'his girl, actually" I whispered to her.

"Wait, what?" she screamed slightly loud and the people sitting near to us stared at us with suspicion. 

"Don't scream! But yeah, he did." 

"When? Where? And did he mean it?!" 

I saw the surprise and eagerness in her eyes. It seemed as if she was really down for Melisson to become a couple.

"It happened during that time. But I don't know if he meant it or not. I think he said it casually."

I nodded in agreement to myself and smiled at her.

"Are you sure?" she twitched her left eye and glared at me with confusion.

"I mean, I can't be entirely sure," I left a light chuckle. "I can ask him...I guess"

"Huh, wouldn't it become awkward if you just ask him out of nowhere?" 

I tried to respond but she spoke again.

"Just a thought— It's your wish though" she assured while shrugging her shoulders.

I hummed in response. "I guess, time will tell. Let it go, he might've not meant it."

"Yeah, 'he might've not meant it'. Especially after he kissed you, yeah sure!" she said in a sarcastic tone.

I glared at her while she scoffed at me.

I have a lot of thoughts coming through my mind but all I have to ask is...

.

.

What's exactly going on? 

--

I hope you're liking it so far!

Let me know in the comments!!

Ok byee