CHAPTER 35

--

--

I got up instantly. 

"Um, what?" my eyes widened.

He gulped. 

"Uh," he chuckled nervously. "N-never mind!"

It became awkward with us looking here and there and pretending to act normal. Lol.

I kept on sitting and fiddled with my fingers. Soon, I realized how weird I would've been looking, sitting uncomfortably. 

So, I kept my hand on the ground and almost got back to laying down to sleep when I felt a few fingers brush against my hand.

I flinched and snatched my hand away.

"What are you doing?" I raised my voice slightly.

"Shh. Keep it low" he whispered.

"No, but why did you do that?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!"

I gave him a suspicious look while he looked at me with innocent eyes.

"I didn't. It must've happened mistakenly. I'm terribly sorry!" he mumbled.

I sighed. 

"Fine!" I snapped.

"By the way, y-you wanted us to spend time together?" I stuttered.

"Aren't we already?" he paused. "In this tent?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, right!" 

I sighed and laid down. 

-Next Day-

I felt a hand shaking my shoulder softly. 

"Hey, wake up already!" a person whispered.

I opened my eyes and woke up within a split second.

"W-What's the time? Is it too late?" I panicked as I hurriedly searched for my phone. 

He started laughing.

I looked at him with confusion. 

"What?"

"Nothing, lol. It's just 6:30 am now. You aren't late at all!" he smiled. "In fact, you're earlier than everyone."

I sighed and shook my head.

"Well, technically not 'everyone' since you were the one to wake me up so except for you" I glared at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever!" he rolled his eyes and grinned slightly.

"So, let me sleep." I faked a smile and laid down immediately. "Good night!"

"But I'm not able to sleep, oh come on— ok fine!" he surrendered. 

2 hours later...

I woke up and found no one in my tent except for me, of course.

I went outside and found everybody assembled in a common area.

"What's happening?" I asked Katie as soon as I found her. 

"Oh, we're just going to do some random activities! Right now, we're waiting for everybody to come."

I hummed in response.

Soon, everybody came and we did some activities. They ranged from doing them as a pair to doing them individually. They were kinda fun though. 

(Note: You can imagine them doing any activity that you prefer doing the most!)

We took breaks in between for either resting or munching on something. 

We were on our last activity when a drop fell on my shoulder.

I looked up at the sky and noticed a bunch of grey clouds overlap each other. 

The raindrops slightly increased so we rushed inside our tents. I ran as fast as I could and entered the tent. 

I looked behind to expect Jason to be inside as well. However, he wasn't.

I peeked through our tent to find him hurrying to get inside a tent that wasn't ours. It was Mia's. She led him to her tent and he unhesitantly went inside. God knows why he went there. 

I sat down at my place. Well, once again, I started to feel lonely. As usual. 

I scoffed. 

I mean, after all, he went to his girlfriend, right? I'm just intruding in between them because of this stupid pairing thing. I shouldn't feel lonely or sad, after all, they are in a relationship I'm pretty sure. But I wonder why he's being all sweet and flirty-ish with me when he has a girlfriend.

I was cut by my thoughts when Jason suddenly entered our tent. 

He looked frustrated when he looked at me but then within a split second, the frustration turned into worry.

"Hey, are you crying?" he knelt down where I was sitting.

I touched my face and realized that tears had been streaming down my face for a long time.

"Uh, um nothing," I looked away and wiped my tears away. 

"Are you sure?" 

I looked at him and saw the concern in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah!" I faked a smile.

Within a few minutes, we were called for a campfire outside.

We went outside and found it already set up by the teachers.

"Since it rained half an hour ago, we thought that it would be better to warm ourselves up! How does that sound?" one of the teachers rubbed his hand against each other and smiled at us.

We all assembled near the campfire, had a few chit-chats with each other, and enjoyed the warmth. 

I, as expected, was sitting with Katie. 

Soon, it was night and the others slowly got up from there and went back to their tents.

I didn't get up yet because I really loved the warmth and the environment around me. So I closed my eyes. 

The cold breeze mixed with the campfire's warmth cheered up my mood which generated a small smile on my lips.

Then, I opened my eyes and saw no one except for Jason, beside me. 

I slowly got up making sure that he doesn't notice me.

However, the moment I stepped away from the area, my wrist was grabbed.

I looked behind and saw him looking at me. Yes, obviously, he was the one who grabbed my wrist. 

"Just stay here," he pleaded. "Please!"

Um... this is weird. 

.

.

.

What do you think is going to happen? 

--

Hey guys!!

So this is a slightly long chapter hehe

Anyways, I hope you liked it!

Ok byee