CHAPTER 16

--

--

Why was his heart racing? 

I looked towards him shyly and then suddenly, pulled myself away from him.

"I'm-I'm sorry...I might've got imbalanced because of that jerk"

"Uh yeah, it's ok I guess." he nervously rubbed his nape with his hand. "I hope you're fine.." and gave an awkward smile at me.

"Yeah I am..thanks" 

"Aww, look at how he caught her immediately!"

"Truly couple goals here"

The others kept gossiping about us.

"We aren't a couple!" he shouted.

The bus was silent.

He motioned me to go in front of him and we got off the bus.

"People love gossiping, I swear" he mumbled to himself.

"I know right! And that's mostly how rumors are made." 

He looked towards me stunned because he didn't expect himself to be heard.

"Uh, um, yeah." he stuttered shyly.

I smiled and turned away to go to my house.

"Uh, Melissa..?" 

I turned back towards him.

"Yes?"

"Do people actually think we're dating?" 

"Yeah, because of that" I was expecting him to know what 'that' meant.

"'That'? W-what do you mean? What did I do?" 

"Was it a small thing for you? How can you forge—"

"Oh right! T-the kiss" he exclaimed shyly.

"Yeah. So about tha—"

"Um never mind about that, alright? It might've been a mistake or something, I don't know" he snapped and turned towards his house.

"Wait what? A mistake? Our kiss was a mistake?" 

I was frozen and didn't bother to move even an inch.

"M-might've been..Don't think about it too much"

"H-how can it be a mistake?"

"I said don't think about it to—"

"HOW CAN IT BE A MISTAKE?" I shouted expressionlessly.

"M-Meliss—"

"OUR KISS, IT WAS A MISTAKE? YOUR MISTAKE? WHY DO SUCH A MISTAKE THAT SHAKES THE OTHER PEOPLE ENTIRELY? IT WAS EITHER YOU WANTED TO KISS ME OR YOU TRIED TO SAVE ME FROM THAT IDIOT, AIDEN!" I shouted again.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't know the kiss would impact you so much. I'm really sorry." He stepped closer to me and held my hands.

"Jason, a kiss might be just a kiss to you. But for me, you literally stole my first kiss, calling it a mistake now" I snatched my hands from his hands' grip and walked towards my house. 

"I-I know. Uh, what can I owe to you to be forgiven?" he gulped.

"Owe to me? Are you serious? This kiss was probably just a joke to you." I opened the door and slammed it close in front of him.

I ran towards my bedroom and closed it.

I put my back against the door's surface and slid down the floor. 

Tears started to roll from my eyes and down my cheeks. I covered my face with my hands and cried a lot.

This kiss..our kiss...was a mistake to him? He really takes this as a joke. He literally stole my first kiss..it wasn't a joke to me. I didn't expect this.

.

.

.

Do you really think it was a mistake? Or was he covering up something?

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you liked it!

Byee