CHAPTER 12

--

--

The only thought that kept coming to my mind was..

Jason, my crush, just kissed me...

I recalled the whole moment and blushed.

"Meli!!!! What the heck just happened?" I heard a familiar voice.

I opened my eyes and my eyes followed the direction of the voice.

I saw Katie running towards me and chuckled.

"Melissaaa!! How did this happen? Jason just kissed you, omg! Does he like you back? You know he did in front of so many people over here. And, he just stole your first kiss, girl!!" she squealed so much.

"Ok ok, calm down" I calmed her down.

"Omg, how aren't you freaking out?! You're the one who's been kissed, not me lol. Wasn't it a special moment for you?" her eyes widened.

"It—" I beamed, "was really magical and heavenly". I re-recalled that moment and licked my lips.

She nudged my shoulder.

"Make a move now or Jason can.. whatever it is, you guys should date now! You both like each other, right?" she held my shoulders.

I nodded in response.

"I don't know if I'll be able to, but if Jason does, then we can date" I giggled.

"Oh come on, don't be the girl who waits for the guy to take it forward. Be independent and go for it. Go, get your man" she winked at me.

I smiled.

"Let's see" I exclaimed.

--

-Next Day-

I entered the class and sat on my usual seat, that is, next to Katie. 

"He really stole your first kiss, huh?" I again heard a voice behind me.

"Yeah, he did" I bit my lip to hide my smile.

"So, you like him?" 

"Uh, yeah.." 

"Wait what? I thought you actually liked me" he raised his voice a little.

"Huh, I never said I liked you. Even yesterday, I clearly said that I'm not interested in you-"

"But, we had that date right?"

"What? What date? Well, yeah we had planned to but you know what happened right?" I raised my eyebrow.

"That idiot stole you from me" 

I turned towards him.

"Don't you dare call Jason an idiot"

"Why don't you just call him your boyfriend? I mean, you guys are dating, right?"

I gulped because we hadn't talked about it yet.

"Uhm—" I got cut off.

"Wait, wait. Don't tell me you guys have asked each other out yet and already kissed before it" he started laughing.

"No matter what we would've done, it's none of your business" I rolled my eyes.

"Wait so, you guys have done more than a kiss?" he smirked.

"Ugh, I never said that. All I meant to say was mind. your. freaking. business." I stared at him.

He stared back at me.

"Just get it, I. don't. like. you. so. stop. hitting. on. me." 

"You really had the guts to say that to me, huh?" He kept staring at me but now, with anger in his eyes.

"Yeah, I had.. in fact, I still have the guts if you want me to say something more to you—" 

"Aiden!! I can date you!" I heard Katie's voice.

I looked towards her with shock.

"Aiden, I like you so much. Melissa doesn't..but I do!" she beamed at him.

He sighed.

"It's not about you liking me. I should like you too, right? And that's not gonna happen." he faked a smile.

"What's in Melissa but not in me?" she looked towards him with puppy eyes.

"J-just leave me alone" he looked away from us and minded his own business.

"Damn, that hurt" I heard Katie mumble to herself.

"It's ok. I bet there'll be people much better than him" I smiled.

She nodded and smiled back.

--

-Recess-

I walked out of the class and suddenly saw Jason.

My heart started racing and couldn't help but stare at him.

Soon, he saw me and stared back at me.

Our eyes locked.

I slowly walked towards him with a smile which slowly turned into a blush on my face.

"H-hi!" I stuttered.

.

Who do you think will make a move?