CHAPTER 24

--

--

I heard Jason scoff and chuckle a bit.

I mean, I know I was eavesdropping hehe. But I was curious. 

"Yeah, of course. Melissa really believed me, you know?" 

My back straightened and chills spread through my body the moment I heard my name being mentioned.

I brought my ear slightly closer to that area but made sure that I wasn't seen.

"I know right? She totally fell for it!" Alex laughed.

What did I fall for? What do they mean?

"Yeah, she thinks that the kiss was genuine and real. Wait till she gets to know that it didn't mean anything"

A teardrop fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek.

T-that kiss...it was a dare? It wasn't real?!

I felt some noises of footsteps and I noticed them still chit-chatting and walking closer towards where I was.

The moment Jason came near me, without hesitation, I slapped him.

I turned the other way and tried to take a few steps ahead to go away. But he held my wrist from behind and pulled me towards him. My hands softly touched his chest. 

I quickly removed them away.

"What the heck?!" he raised his voice.

"What do you mean "What the heck"?!" I shouted.

He looked at me cluelessly. 

"Why did you slap me? What did I d—"

"HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? YOU REALLY NEVER THOUGHT WHAT I WOULD FEEL ONCE I GET TO KNOW ABOUT THIS? YOU REALLY THOUGHT YOU WOULD JUST SAY "IT WAS JUST A DARE" AND GET AWAY THAT EASILY?" I shouted more.

"WHAT DARE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?"

"OH SERIOUSLY? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT? I HEARD EVERYTHING, JASON!" 

I started to cry but prevented my tears from flowing.

"WHY DID YOU EAVESDROP?" he shouted.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT. WHY WOULD YOU PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS LIKE THIS?"

"I DIDN'T—"

"YES YOU DID, JASON!"

I inhaled heavily. 

"T-THAT DARE...IT WASN'T TRUE RIGHT?" I asked a bit softly.

He gulped and looked around.

"Uhmm..." 

"SO IT WAS...IT WAS A FREAKING DARE" I started crying.

"M-Melissa..—" he looked towards me with sad eyes.

"What "Melissa"? I'm never gonna talk to you again, EVER!" I shouted again and walked away.

I kept on wiping my tears off and straight away led myself towards the entrance door.

On the way, I heard Katie call me but I ignored it.

I went outside and slammed the door close.

I really don't know what is happening inside and I don't bother anymore either. Why did Jason have to do this? I should've known about his tactics. 

I sighed and walked down the staircase. 

Jason's POV

I saw Melissa walk out of the room.

Everyone was glaring at me as if it were a crime scene. 

"I-I'm gonna go" Alex whispered and went away.

I sighed and looked towards everyone.

"How could you do that, Jason?"

"I really never expected a guy like him to do this."

"Aren't you guilty, Jason?"

"Guys, please stay out of it" I raised my voice and the entire room was silent.

I looked towards Katie, Melissa's best friend, and noticed her looking at me already but with anger.

She immediately looked away and walked towards the entrance door. Soon, she went too. 

Um, what do I do now? How do I fix everything? How I wish I didn't agree to that dare. 

I ugh-ed.

Everything's ruined. 

.

.

.

What do you think will happen now?

--

That's it for this chapter!!

I hope you liked it!

Ok byee