CHAPTER 5

--

--

-Next day-

Melissa's POV

Well, it's Monday, a weekday which means that it's a school day! Ugh, I don't wanna go..

And like seriously, Monday blues are one of the worst. 

Anyway, I woke up at 6:00 am and got ready. 

I had some boiled eggs with milk and bid goodbye to mom.

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the house. I reached the bus stop and patiently waited for the bus to arrive while I could see a few more people along with me, chit-chatting and enjoying together.

Soon, the bus arrived and I hopped on the bus. Once I entered it, I gave a quick skim through the bus seats to find one for myself to sit on. Within a matter of a second, I finally found one and seated myself.  The bus started moving and all I did was watch the scenery outside the bus through the window. I could background noises of chit-chat, laughs, squeals, etc. That's how my bus journey went lol 

Roughly within 20 minutes, I felt the bus stop. I looked away from the window and I saw others eagerly getting up, wearing their bags, and moving in a line to hop off the bus. So, I got up too and picked my bag up. I joined the line and made my way out of the bus.

Btw, the reason I didn't interact at all was that none of my friends shared a bus with me. *sulks in Gucci*

I walked along with the other students and made my way to the class.  

The moment I entered, I heard some squeal my name. 

"Meli!!!" 

I followed the direction of the voice and found Katie, my best friend!

"Kate!!" I beamed and sat next to her. I call her Kate lol.

"So how was the weekend?" she smiled as she ruffled through her bag to take out her stuff.

"Eh, nothing special. It was just a. weekend." I shrugged my shoulders.

She let out a light laugh.

"Well, it wasn't just a. weekend. for me though!" she smiled proudly. 

I raised an eyebrow and motioned her to talk about it. 

"Well, I had gone to a conc—" she began explaining but someone cut her off.

I heard the person's voice behind me so I turned around.

"Hey, Melissa! Great to see you!" the person smirked slightly but pretended to just beam innocently.

His name's Aiden, Aiden Miller. He was a pretty flirty boy to be honest. Most of the girls in my class have a crush on him. So Aiden was popular in some way.

I slightly rolled my eyes. 

"Hey." I greeted him emotionlessly.

"So how are you?" he smirked and his eyes rolled from top to bottom.

I cringed a bit but snapped "I'm great".

"So are you free today? Maybe in the evening?" he raised an eyebrow and waited for my answer.

He lifted his hand and began to keep his on mine however, I snatched it from his grip.

"Um, no thanks." I faked a smile and turned back towards Katie.

I couldn't see his reaction to it but I didn't bother about it either.

I looked at Katie and she was squealing.

"Meli!!! Are you kidding me?!" she grabbed my hands and squeezed them.

"W-what do you mean?" I nibbled on my lower lip because I was confused.

"Ugh, Meli. Aiden literally asked you out!! And you rejected him?!" she widened her eyes in disappointment.

"Well, I'm not interested in him" I shrugged my shoulders again.

"But you know he's the crush of this class right? Why would you reje—" she tried explaining it to me but I cut her off.

"Oh come on Kate! Yeah, I mean, I know he is the crush but I'm not into him alright?" 

"If I were you, I wouldn't have rejected him, to be honest" she sighed and looked at him behind me. "But it's ok, it's your wish after all" she looked back at me and gave an awkward chuckle.

I gave a small smile and ruffled inside my bag to take out some stuff too.

In a few minutes, I heard a voice.

"Hey! Can you guys just listen to us for a minute? It won't take too long I promise"  

I looked up and my eyes followed the voice's direction.

.

.

Within no time, my heart started racing.

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you guys liked it!

Ok byee