CHAPTER 9

--

--

I flinched slightly.

Then, I turned my head and my eyes followed the direction where the voice came from.

"I never said I hated you, Melissa" 

It was Jason.

"Oh my god! You seriously scared me! What are you doing here?" I tried to calm myself down. 

"Uh sorry lol, I actually came to talk to you about it" he smiled awkwardly.

Katie got up from her seat.

"Look, Jason", then she looked towards me, "Mel..I'm sorry for what I did"

I saw the sadness in her eyes.

"Hmm, I actually thought about it and...it's fine" he smiled.

"Are you sure?" my eyes widened.

"Yeah" 

"Thank you so much" she exclaimed.

He nodded his head and soon, he went away.

I sat next to Katie and felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned behind and found Aiden again.

"Hi!" he smiled as he kept his right arm on the table and rested his cheek on his fist. 

I rolled my eyes and faked a smile.

"So you guys are dating or..?" he stared at me in a teasing way.

"No, we're not!" 

"Well, then—" he removed his cheek from his fist and kept his left hand on my right hand. "That's great...for me" 

I snatched my hand away from his.

"Good for you" I faked a smile again and turned towards Katie.

"Oh come on, just admit it that you like me too. Don't hide it" 

I turned my head towards him expressionless while he winked at me flirtily. 

"You better stop hitting on me, because it won't work," I said in all seriousness.

"Hah, I can make you fall for me within a day" he ran his fingers through his hair.

I was about to respond back but Katie cut me off.

"Mel!! Just like him already. I mean look at him. There's no harm in going on a date with him for just a day" she spoke softly towards me.

"Are you serious?" I sighed.

"Yeah, please— I mean I know you like you-know-who but just try it out, just 1-day girl" she pleaded. 

I bit my lip out of confusion and then said "Fine, Aiden—" 

"Wait really?" he exclaimed.

"Yeah but- only for one day"

"Ugh, okay fine!" 

--

-After School-

I packed my bag and walked out of the class while talking to Katie.

"Hey" Jason greeted us suddenly.

"Lol. What's with you and scaring us suddenly, huh?" I giggled.

He rubbed his nape with his hand.

"Huh, sorry hehe. I don't always mean to. Well, it's probably because you get scared easily" he teased me.

"If you come to us suddenly, with no warning whatsoever, we're bound to get scared" 

"Uh anyway, Jason, do you know Meli's going on a da—" Katie exclaimed but I covered her mouth with my hand.

I gave a fake chuckle.

"What was that? You? And a date?" he looked towards me stunned.

"Um, y-yeah..." I said awkwardly.

I mean, imagine saying that you're going on a date with someone else to your crush.

"Woah, with whom?" his eyes widened.

"Aiden..." 

"Oh," he was expressionless.

Soon after, Aiden passed by me. 

"Remember our date for tomorrow right?" he smiled and winked at me.

"Uhm, yeah," I said nervously.

-Jason's POV-

I watched Aiden wink at Melissa while he reminded her of their 'date' tomorrow.

Well, I'm not saying I'm jealous but he's too flirty according to me. What if he's using her? You never know. 

Anyway, why should I care?

"Ok bye! I have to go" I waved at them and walked away.

As in when I walked in the hallway, I heard Aiden's voice next to me but he was pretty far off. 

"Well, I just plan to steal her first kiss lol. What did she think? I like her? No way. She's not my type at all" he giggled while talking to a person next to him. 

.

.

What's gonna happen now? Will he actually be her first kiss?

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you liked it!

Ok byee!!