CHAPTER 22

--

--

I could see a well-lit room around me. It was honestly pretty big with a set of 3 hanging lights on the ceiling. Their bulbs fared yellow-colored light everywhere. There were a few seats towards the right of me which were empty. And, in front of me were slightly twisted-styled stairs which led to the upper floor.

"Hello, ma'am! May I help you?" A voice spoke towards my left.

I turned my head and found a receptionist's table with a man sitting behind it. 

I walked towards him.

"Yes, I have to attend a party over here."

"Are you a part of those high-schoolers? They are having a party currently."

My eyes lit up with happiness.

"Ah, yes, yes! I'm with them!"

"Ok! So it's on the upper floor. You can use the stairs. You'll find a closed room towards your right, that's where the party is happening."

"Alright, thank you!" 

He nodded his head. "Have a good day" and he smiled.

I walked away from the receptionist and went up the stairs and followed the directions the man had given me. 

As soon as I reached the upper floor, I could hear muffled noises of music and chit-chats.

I found the door towards my right so I walked towards it. I reached my hand to the door's handle and twist opened it slowly. 

The noises of music and chit-chats obviously became louder and louder as in when I walked inside.

I found several people either dancing, talking, or sitting. I nervously walked through those people and tried to find Katie first.

"Hey, Meli!!!"

I heard a cheerful raise of voice. 

I followed the direction of the voice and finally found her sitting on one of the seats!

I waved at her and walked towards where she was sitting.

"Damn, you look so pretty!!" she complimented me.

I chuckled. "Oh sure. Look who's talking," I said while seeing her outfit.

"But you genuinely look really pretty. I ain't lying! This dress really suits you!" she smiled.

"Thank you, thank you!" I bowed fakely. 

"I bet she's dressed up for her boyfriend" 

A girl spoke who was somewhat away from me.

I looked towards her.

"What do you mean? My boyfriend?" 

She laughed.

"Yeah, your boyfriend. Don't you know who your boyfriend is?"

She walked towards me and sat beside me.

"I don't have any boyfriend actually."

"Oh, sure! We all know you're dating Jason. Stop lying at least now"

She raised her eyebrow and looked towards me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Look, just because he freaking kissed me does not mean that we're dating, okay?"

"Girl, if a person kisses you, that person wants to be romantically involved with you. Which also means that they like you. It's simple logic" 

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, we'll see what happens"

"Btw about that kiss—" She got cut off.

"Hey, Katie!" Aiden walked in looking towards Katie. Then he looked towards me. "And Melissa"

Oh, I forgot to tell you. They've started dating (hehe).

He sat beside her and started talking to her.

Soon, I started getting bored (oops). However, suddenly Katie asked. 

"Btw, where's Jason?"

.

.

.

Do you think he'll attend this party? 

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you liked it!

Ok byee