CHAPTER 8

--

--

I ran after him. 

"Jason, please listen to me. Please just once, please" 

I kept on pleading and called for him as he kept ignoring me.

Soon, I was near him so I grabbed his right hand's wrist from behind and stopped him.

"Jason, please, let's have a talk" I pleaded once again.

He exhaled heavily and looked down. He turned his head and looked at me as if he were piercing through my soul.

I gulped and tried to maintain eye contact with him.

He released his wrist from my hand's grip and pinned me to the wall.

I began breathing heavily as he kept his right hand on the wall next to me.

He kept on staring at me with anger.

"How does everybody know about this? Did you tell them?" he breathed heavily.

"I-I didn't- I swear I didn't-" I stuttered.

"You said Katie's trustworthy. So was that a lie?" 

"I-no but.. I don't know why she spread it"

"I can't believe that I believed you about Katie being trustworthy" he exhaled heavily and looked down.

"I-I'm sorry.. I never knew she would do that. I even told her to not tell an—" 

"Oh shut up, okay? Seems like either you don't know your best friend that well or you lied to me yesterday"

"It's not that. I'll talk to her"

"What's the use? She spread it, everyone knows about it now" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Actually, why don't you talk to her about it?" 

"Oh please, I don't wanna get involved in this drama" he rolled his eyes.

"What do you m—"

He removed his hand from the wall.

"It was a mistake joining your school" he mumbled while walking away.

A teardrop fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek once I heard what he had said.

--

-In class-

I entered the class with swollen eyes. 

I kept my head down as I walked inside and made my way to my seat.

"Hey—" Katie exclaimed but got cut off.

"Shut up Kate" I snapped expressionlessly.

"Melissa, are you serious? Jason and you are dating?" Aiden asked me with surprise.

I looked straight at Katie and she looked back towards me embarrassed.

"Look, I-I'm sorry" she began to apologize.

"Hah, why are you sorry? You wanted to spread this information despite me telling you not to..so be happy, everybody knows it" I chuckled sarcastically.

"It's not like that, um, I just wanted to share it with my other closest friends. I never knew they would spread it"

"I clearly told you not to tell a-n-y-o-n-e, do you even understand this word?" I stared at her.

"Uh, yeah I-I do..but what's wrong in telling people?"

"Well, actually you don't know how much people are teasing me and taunting me and how many will, soon"

"They won't, don't worry" she tried to console me.

"How would you know? Are you me?" I became teary-eyed.

"Please don't cry. I'm sorry" she became teary-eyed.

She kept her hand on my shoulder but I removed it.

"Y-you won't understand Kate." a teardrop fell from my eye.

She began to utter something but I cut her off.

"You know, Jason hates me now and—" I started to cry but someone cut me off.

"Who said I hate you?"

.

.

Wait, what?

--

That's it for this chapter!

I hope you liked it!

Ok byee