CHAPTER 36

--

--

"Why?"

"Please!" he pleaded even more and slightly pulled my wrist.

I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"Um, I kinda had to tell you something," he looked down.

I saw the nervousness in his eyes. 

"Yeah? Tell me!" 

There was some silence. 

"Uh, Melissa! The truth is," he mumbled and our eyes locked. "That I-I'm in love with you." he stuttered and I was stunned. My heart started racing. 

I had never expected a jerky guy like him to fall in love with a girl like me. Especially after what he had done.

"Yeah, right!" I scoffed because I made sure not to fall into his trap again.

He held my hands.

"I'm serious." 

"I'm sure this is just one of your dares again. I'm not falling for thi—"

"It's not. It's not a dare. I'm being genuine!" he sighed.

I didn't respond back.

"Look," he paused. "I've made mistakes, many mistakes. And, well, I'm sorry because it broke your heart. But that dare— the kiss dare wasn't actually a dare."

I raised an eyebrow. "W-What?"

"It meant a lot to me. I know you had heard mine and Alex's conversation that day. Yes, I had said that it meant nothing to me but I simply lied to him. That was the time I was still figuring out my feelings for you. Though Alex kinda knew about my feelings for you, still I ignored them."

There was some silence.

"Everything that I did, every moment that I spent with you was amazing. I know you're still hurt because of everything I did because I think everything was a joke but it wasn't. That second kiss— if you remember, I really wanted to do it. I'm sorry for making a joke out of everything when none of them were jokes to me. I'm pretty sure they weren't for you either."

"B-But what about your girlfriend?" I gulped as tears streamed down my face.

"Girlfriend?" he seemed clueless.

"M-Mia.."

"She isn't my girlfriend at all. And will never be. That time I went inside her tent to clear things up because she clung to me a lot. That was the time I told her that I don't like her and I have someone else in my mind, which is you!" he bit his lip.

"T-This isn't a joke, right?" I stuttered. 

He nodded a no. 

"This isn't. I really love you, Mel!"

"Finally, I've realized my feelings for you and didn't ignore it." he continued. 

I sighed and looked deep into his eyes.

I noticed a teardrop fall from his eye. I held my thumb and rubbed it away.

"I-I really hope you haven't moved on. But if you have, I'll have to bear the rejectio—"

I pulled him into a hug. I could feel his heart racing along with mine.

"I.." I pulled away. "Love you too!" 

He smiled and I smiled back at him. 

"So, um." he paused and gulped. "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

I nodded happily. "Yes!"

Suddenly, he pulled me into a kiss.

The kiss was pretty passionate with love and feelings.

His hand traveled to my waist and my fingers brushed against his hair.

It was an amazing feeling!

Soon, he pulled away and he couldn't keep his eyes off me. 

I blushed. 

"Well, I've stolen your second kiss too!" he whispered. 

"I don't regret it, my boyfriend!" 

He chuckled softly.

"Now let's go inside! It's pretty dark." 

I nodded and got up.

He held my hand and we went back.

I had never imagined a guy like him, a slightly crazy jerk but with a soft side would fall for me. I've always been much of an outcast but I've had Katie by my side always. 

But I guess, I'm the lucky one to be dating him— my crush now. 

So this was the story behind me and the boy I loved, well, still love!

⁎⁎

THE END

--

Heyy guys!!

Soo, the story has come to an end...

I hope you liked the ending though..

Anyway, would you like an extra chapter of this ending in Jason's POV? Let me know!

Thank you for supporting this book, I'm so grateful :')

Ok byee