II. Diagon Alley

~

"Isn't this lovely ami?" I ask with a smile on my face, admiring all the stores that we walk past.

"I can't say I see the same pleasure you get from this place Rune." Talo says carrying all of my stuff for school.

I let out an airily laugh.

"Next on the list, companion."

I turn my head to Talo.

"I'm allowed a pet?" If people couldn't see my smile then they would have been able to hear it from my tone.

"It says here either an owl or cat or toad."

"What if I want something else?"

"I'll deal with the paperwork" Talo informs. I hug him in thanks.

We make our way to Bufos.

"What do you mean I can't get a refund? I paid for this stupid bird to deliver mail to my son, and it can't fly correctly? This is ridiculous."

I ignore the quarral happening up at the desk and head straight to the cages.

A certain ferret catching my eye.

I watch as it eats its meal.

"Annoying little things, don't you think?"

I turn my head to the voice.

A boy seeming to be my age, platinum blonde hair and a smug look on his face.

"You sort of resemble them." I retort. Fighting a smile.

"I do not. You remind me of a- a.."

"Ah?" I mock him slightly.

"Girl." He states with slight disgust.

"Maybe because I am one?" I raise a brow.

"Well that's good to know." He became all flustered and avoided eye contact for a moment.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I ask. Wondering what his business is with me.

"I could ask you the same thing. The names Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." He adds.

I raise my eyebrows, nodding to seem not that surprised.

"I'm guessing you know about my family?"

"A little. I've met your mother one time. She's incredibly kind." I admit, remembering one tea party my mother had with friends.

"You knew my mother? What is your name anyways?" He asks.

"Rune, Oberlin." I answer. His eyes slightly widen.

"Oberlin? Aurelion kind of Oberlin?"

I press my lips together, slowly nodding my head. Surprising myself that I had trusted this boy so quickly.

"So what's an Aurelion doing here in Diagon Alley?" His curiosity didn't have much respect to it.

"I could ask you the same thing." I quote his words from earlier. "But then again I suppose I shouldn't surprised with finding a Malfoy in this sort of place." 

"What's that supposed to mean?" He furrows his eyebrows.

I smile innocently. "Nothing."

His mouth goes flat before speaking, "I think we should keep in contact. After all we're both purebloods and my mother knows you so.." He goes silent at the end waiting for my reply.

"Are you asking to my friend?"

"No, I'm offering you a chance to be my friend." He emphasizes the difference and I have to fight the urge to say a witty remark in return.

"Not really into that sort of stuff. It was nice meeting you though." I say before turning my head back around to the ferret.

Looking at Talo. He already knows from my expression I wanted that one.

I grabbed the cage and turned around to see Draco still there. Looking at me softly, still sort of muddled from my words.

"I'll get this little guy to remind me of you. You two make quite a first impression." I admit.

Before Draco could say anything, A man resembling him appears behind.

He narrows his eyes at me. His gaze lowering to the necklace that laid high on my torso. Recognising the crest.

"Draco you didn't tell me you've met Aurelions daughter. I'm Lucius Malfoy." He greets, a hint of evil intent in his face.

"Please excuse us, We have a lot of things to get through." Talo interrupts knowing the atmosphere.

I wave goodbye to Draco.

"You seem to be more open to having conversations with strangers Rune, just like that boy at the stadium."

"The one you shoved so unnecessarily." I remind him. He chuckles.

"You had quite the conversation with Mr Malfoys son" he adds.

"I quite enjoyed it actually. " I ramble.

"Seems to me you wouldn't mind another."

"Theres no denying that." I exclaim.

"Next on the list, A Broom."

"I won't be needing that. My mother forbids me from flying on brooms. She's seen my brother's injuries and it was enough to convince her."

"I was aware."

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Books but your parents have supplied them already."

"Then that's all." I say excitedly.

"You do need to get fitted for your uniform." Talo informs me. I groan.

Let's get this over with.

_