XVIII. Venom

~

Viktor flew me to an empty shack near Hogsmeade. A little town, I had been told about by Mattheo.

We didn't dare enter the place. We only stood in front of the door with a roof above. Covering us from the snow.

He placed my belongings on the steps. His broom leaning on the wooden door.

"Why did you go with him, Rune."

The way he says my name sounds as if he was begging me to tell him.

A small smile escapes me.

I didn't expect that this was the way I would be telling him.

Outside an abandoned shabby shack. Drenched in melted snow. Late at night.

"Because he asked me Viktor."

I didn't want to say forced since he would've gotten the wrong idea unlike Daphne.

His eyebrows lowered in confusion and anger.

"Bullshit. What makes him different from everyone else?" He askes, unable to think of a reason why I would go with him.

Viktor knows Hollow, inside out he may say. He doubts how he - hollow, or myself would've gotten close enough to go together.

"He doesn't offer himself to me nor tells me to strip off my clothes." I nearly yell. His anger growing onto me like venom.

"Is he better than me?"

From the look in his eyes he already knew the true answer. He was edging me on and taunting me with my own lies.

I glued my vision to the floor.

"Tell me he's better, Rune."

I bit my tongue.

"I'm willing to wait all night."

After a few excruciating seconds of silence. I sigh. Giving in.

"You want to know the truth Viktor? I went with Hollow partially because I thought he'd be a good distraction. "

"Distract you from what? Me?"

"I broke down the moment I found out you went with her." I said quietly, hoping that was enough of an answer.

"I only went with her because I thought I had no chance with you." He says in a equally low tone.

I only stared into his eyes, my breath turning to fog due to the cold.

"What was the main reason." He then askes.

"He reminded me of you."

I couldn't help it anymore. I was cold and tired. The only thing I wanted to do was cry.

I gave him the straight answer he wanted. I couldn't bother to hide it any longer.

Not a moment later I found myself in his embrace. The cold surface of his buttons pressed against my face.

He placed his head on top of mine.

Both sides reluctant to move apart.

I almost wanted to die in his arms.

"I have to bring you back. Before it gets to late." He made it clear though his enthusiasm was not there.

It was a silent ride back to the castle.

He dropped me off a similar balcony. Close to the ravenclaw tower. He could not come with me, his vacancy was on the other side of the premises.

Though he left a long lasting kiss on my hand before going.