XXXV. Wand

(A mention of a controversial topic ahead)
_

Strikes of thunder causes my eyes to flick open. All in a dismal tint of blue, the area had seem familiar. Standing on an island with a few trees and minimal space, I could hear the wind against the lake.

My vision kept zooming around the place, changing every second. I barely had any time to paint the full picture.

But once I finally paused on the white marble tomb, I recognized where I stood.

Overwhelmed with memories that were recent to me but not to any other. The cold air became suffocating and I found myself struggling to breathe.

Gasping once I had seen him.

The top prism hovering to the side while the supporting blocks rolled away. It was all too quick, the way the seal shattered as he casted the spell.

Once the debris was off, he lowered his body closer to the corpse. From my view, in comparison one looked more like a corpse than the one who was actually buried.

It was my mistake to create the smallest squeak of discomfort at the sight. Seeing the Dark lord pause, his head made a slight turn. Only to return his attention to the wand in the grave.

In his hands, it was as if he was admiring it. Now that the elder wand was in his possession, he had the expression of relief after accomplishing such a difficult task.

A high level of difficulty of waiting out several years for his rival to finally be vulnerable.

The wand shot out endless lightning bolts. Until it didn't and his eyes flickered to me. Appearing in front of me within a second.

"You look quite spooked, Aurelle." He uttered causing me to look down at myself.

My arms were veiny and thin. I was dressed in an all white dress which flowed with the wind. Not to mention barefooted.

Rushing over to the edge of the island, I checked my reflection. My face looked malnourished and my bone structure was showing. My eyes was all white.

I appeared as if I was dead.

"Perhaps I should visit your grave aswell." He adds, my eyes went back to him as he held my necklace in his hand.

Eyeing the object in his palms, he let out a slow chuckle.

I stumbled as I attempted to reach out for the necklace. Failing to regain it, he laughed at me.

Not only was I embarrassed but I was also trembling in fear. I kept looking back to the open grave. The fear of being buried alive was clouding my mind.

Even the dark lord looked back.

"You knew who the true enemy really was. Isn't that right Aurelle?" He slowly turned his head back to me. Almost having a pitiful face.

He spoke such words that I had kept in my head all this time. For reasons being that I saw this true enemy's intentions well and clearly that I could not fully paint him as a foe.

Dumbledore didn't favour nor bothered to interact with me for a good reason. He knew I knew what he knew.

I knew he was playing chess with the wizarding world.

Dumbledore was almost as smart as me, he manipulated things to end this battle with a winning tune. A hero with dark actions.

He was the true indirect villain.

But still a dedicated hero to most. It is admirable to have the will to be able to sacrifice mere things for the greater ends.

I took a moment to breathe, closing my eyes. Unfortunately, when they opened I was still looking directly at him.

"I've always known it." I answered. "But I also know that it doesn't make you the good guy either."

Voldermort may have been influenced to become the worst, but I believe his hatred and hunger for power isn't justified along with it.

"There is no good and evil. There is only power. And those too weak to seek it."

"I'd say it is weak to receive confidence from facing the dead. Are you satisfied that you have taken us out?" I responded.

His plan was only possible if he had the most powerful wand in his hand. That and eliminating every other wizard that could have ruined his path to power.

"Is all this hatred driven by fear? Are you afraid you'll be defeated by a muggle?" I added.

There was certainly a high possibility.

"Don't you provoke me with the thought of mudbloods." He raised his chin challengingly.

"You were foolish to come here."

The Dark Lord looked taken back at my words. A desperate eager expression planted on his face. Waiting for me to continue.

"This will lead you to the same fate we met."

We as in Dumbledore and I.

My eyes wandered back to the grave where it was now empty. Needing a body to be planted inside.

There was realization on his face. Turning around he made a move to attack me but my view had already gone pitch back.

I woke up to a terrible headache and a wet cloth on my forehead.

My mother sitting by my side with a book in her trembling hand. Romeir sitting back on the couch holding a small slice of bread.

The slightest movement I made instantly caught my mothers attention and she placed down the book.

I found the room colder than it was usually, that saying I was also under several blankets. Despite myself shivering, I was sweating like crazy.

I sat back up straight where my mother supported me up with her hand on my back.

Romeir stuffing the slice in his mouth as he rushed over.

"Rune. Sister. Thank merlin you're finally awake." He stated after eating the slice.

"Why are you so relieved? How long was I out?" I asked.

"Several weeks my dear. You were out with a fever for a long time. You had us worried sick."

"If I'm being honest, I thought I caught your illness when I started heating up." Romeir mentioned.

"I-I'm not ill." I replied.

"That stutter says otherwise." Mother responded. "Lay back down before you pass out again."

I did as she said. My head was raised up with a few pillows.

"He's got it, Mother. He has the wand." I informed her while shutting my eyes. This headache causing my eyelids to feel heavy.

Hearing the news made her to drop the cup of tea in her hands. I sat back up shocked.

The substance spilled all over the floor and her dress. She stood up all puzzled and speechless. Looking at one spot in the room to focus and think the situation through.

"Rune, you must return to school."

_