XXXVIII. Necklace

_

I tried to wipe off the mess that covered my hands so I could hold her, but it had dried out and stained parts of me.

There was no way I'd touch her with the blood of her murderer.

Mattheo picked up her torso so she would not be laying down on the cold floor. I could only stand by and watch out for any other incoming attacks.

I found myself casting spells recklessly at people.

Luna lowering down my hand as she gave me a pitiful look. She pulled me into a hug, my hands awkwardly hovering above my sides.

"That day" Mattheo caught our attention, Luna stepping to the side. "How was he able to defeat you?" He added with a puzzled look.

Hearing the word defeat escape his mouth, I ended up as bewildered as he was.

"I never had to use magic for such purposes." It was a wild guess.

But it was true since I never had to protect myself before that incident. I couldn't fight someone who seeks power while I only wanted safety. I know now that I would have to want to cause harm if I wanted victory.

"Then can you defeat him now?" Mattheo asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I opened my mouth to speak but I was hesitant to answer. Before a word could   be said, he grabbed onto my wrist and disapparated the two of us.

"Where did you-" My eyes landing on Professor Snape standing across the room.

"He'll be here." Mattheo informed me and I widened my eyes at him.

He knows who his father will go after.

"Are you seriously giving me over to your father??" I whispered aggressively.

"What are you two doing here? You need to leave." Professor Snape continued without hearing our answer.

I looked over at him and saw the clear picture.

"You know you'll die here?" I asked quietly. It caught him off guard but the look on his face tells me that he knows it well.

"That necklace." He dismisses my words. "Is it like the others?" He adds.

"I'm not sure." I answered. "I suppose it is?" I said, receiving a confused look from Mattheo.

"Some believe the brothers created the objects, not death, as they were powerful wizards." Snape informed us. "Seeing as you stand here, they must have been right." He began walking towards us.

Was it me or was it death-

He reached out for my arm and pushed up my sleeve. Slowly grazing his wand over the length of my forearm.

The old memories rushed back in.

"What are you doing to her?"

My head snapped to the voice in instant.

"Mother?" I commented as she rushed through the door, snatching my arm off of Snape.

She had a frustrated look on her face as she scanned the old trails of that curse I once had.

The burnt marks which twirled around my arm up to my lower neck.

"I sent you here to protect your friends. Sacrificing yourself again is not apart of that." She rambled.

"H-how did you find me?" I shook my head in disbelief.

"You think a mother would not know where to find her daughter?" She states and I closed my mouth shut.