XXVI. Beard.

~

I walked up to the ground floor, finding myself in the castle library.

To my father it was the perfect place to hide his secret workplace entrance. The entrance was disguised as two large shelfs.

It was difficult to open without any magic or incredible strength.

I found myself walking to my living room.

Still the same as it was when I left for Hogwarts.

It was pale baby blue with gold and marble designs on the walls and flooring.

Glass windows that showed the view of the wide field with horses and dogs running around freely.

The castle was surrounded by vast green lands. A place hidden behind rocky and snowy mountains.

My piano looked untouched despite looking clean and shiny.

The room consisted of furniture, vases filled with plants and mirrors on the wall. Shelves with books I've reread more than twice.

Paintings worth fortunes and photos on top of side tables. It was probably one of the most modern things we had in the castle.

Everyone stayed with the old fashioned ways, using magic if it was too old fashioned.

I sat down on the piano seat, beginning to play Liebesträum. Missing the feeling of playing an instrument.

Out of the blue the doors burst open.

There stood Romeir, taller than I remembered. His hair looked freshly cut and he had a slight beard. It was still faint.

"Where is our mother?" I spoke up first. Wondering why he was just standing there watching me.

Forgetting so easily.

Without a word he walks towards me his steps heavy each time. Grabbing my hand and forcing me up to stand.

Bear hugging me out of nowhere. Sobbing in my hair.

Romeir and I were closer to each other than our other brothers. They were older and all worked around the world.

I mean Romeir was close to them until they grew up and he was left with me.

They're still visiting and stuff. Still protective and concerned like how older siblings are.

"You're alive." Romeir finally managed to say and I stood there with my hands on my sides, being squished alive.

"You're lucky to have a sibling like me, Romeir. You know that?" I tease.

"I know." He replies.

I get slightly shocked but let it pass.

"Did I miss our fathers funeral?" I ask quietly.

He steps back finally letting me go. Blankly staring at me.

"Two years ago yeah." He answered.

"Years?" I squeak out.

"It's been two years since the..incident."

"No it hasn't." I said with an unsure smile.

"How long has it been for you?"

"Hours? Minutes? I don't know there wasn't any source of time where I was."

"Rune.."

"Where is he?" I ask straightforwardly.

"Training. I'll take you there." He answers without asking for an explanation.

"Get changed." He says grabbing my face with his whole left hand. I shove his hand away, deadpanning at him.