XXXVI. Slytherin

_

"Shall I walk into school and make my grand entrance?" I say in heavy sarcasm as I did my tie up.

"Goodness, Rune don't waste your breath." Mother spoke as she finished advising a few things to Talo.

"Why are we sending her back to that place again?" Romeir asked as he looked back and forth at the two of us.

Romeir was right to be curious. It wasn't out bloodlines place to get involved with such matters. The war was not our concern..just yet.

"Because fate is pliable. Losing your father could have been avoided but at the cost of another's life." She gave me a side glance.

We all know the prophecy.

To others the ending may be unknown but to us it was clear.

The one thing we don't know is the price they'll have to pay for glory. The loss they'll have to suffer.

"The cost of changing fate may be quite high for others but not for our family."

She's saying I'll have to play the role of either the hero and or the villain. Though it matters on the eye of the beholder. Certain eyes will see me as a savior while the rest stare at me as if I was a merciless creature.

My mother walked up to me and readjusted my tie.

"I experienced terrible grief two years ago. A time that will forever haunt me in my sleep.

In those two years, I realized how malleable people's fate were. How you my dear, changed the outcome of someones life by simply existing.

All this knowledge is now of no use without your father. You ought to use it to act with your mind. Change what fate has designed for then maybe grief will not be an option for others."

I could hear the slight hatred she had in her words, despite her attempt to stay neutral. Mother wasn't being a saint as she only wanted to prevent grief for the good side.

With every power the Dark Lord gains, the more my mother grew restless. Waiting for the day she'll be able to see the man who had taken away the air she breathed. Just to return the favour.

She realized I saw right through her and turned away to the small table with flowers beside a empty vase.

Taking a deep breath as she picked the same flowers up. Only for them to die out instantly after her touch.

Her mood affected her job as a florist too much.

"Then what shall I do?" Romeir asked.

"My boy, you shall train to chase a ball in the air. It is what you do best no?"

I snickered at Romeir as he gave a dead look to us.

"Romeir do you really want to put your life at risk when I'm already doing it for you all?" I asked him.

"You may be right sister but I feel as an older brother I am entitled to protect the family-"

"As an older brother your also entitled to free will so enjoy it. Who knows if quidditch will be around if the dark lord succeeds.."

His eyes widened slightly.

"I'm counting on you Rune. For the future of quidditch.." He got up and placed both hands on my shoulders. Nodding slowly.

Talo lead me to the carriage where we eventually took off for Hogwarts.

*

I had no plan on how to get inside the school grounds so I had just walked right in.

It was such a gloomy setting that I wondered if this was the same school I had gone to two years ago. The same place which consisted of hopeful students and entertaining ghosts.