IV. Hogwarts

~

The four of us get into a carriage being pulled by thestrals.

"I don't see anything you, I swear to merlin if you three are messing around with me, I will tranform you all into toads." Daphne states while trying her best to look for the thestrals.

"You can't see them you idiot."

"No shit Riddle. I've been saying that for the past minute or so"

"There's a reason you know. Only people who have seen other people die with their own eyes can see them." Luna explains.

"You didn't bother telling me that before??" Daphne groans.

"Now its obvious why I've seen the dead, and you I've heard the story about your mum. But what about you? What did you witness?" Mattheo turns to me.

Well everyone does.

"A bodyguard was protecting me from a spell." I admit, thinking nothing of it.

"Bodyguard? Why would you need a bodyguard?" Luna askes.

"You should be asking why you were getting attacked."

"You two have got it all wrong. Ill ask the question. Who are you I mean. What position are you to be in such risk of danger that you would need a bodyguard?" Mattheo questions me.

"My family's wealthy, what do you want me to say?" I quickly make up.

"Makes sense" Luna hums.

And by no time, we were at the castle.

There was a lot of students. It was almost overwhelming. I got Luna to lead me the way to our dorms. I stayed beside her most of the time while we were walking around the castle.

"Luna! I need your he-"

"Hello Neville" Luna greets. Yet he faces me. I send him a smile. Theres a moment of panic yet he quickly recovers and waves while scratching the back of his head.

"I'm- Im Neville LongBottom."

"Pleasure to meet you, Neville. I'm Rune." I smile.

"What was it that you needed Neville?" Luna askes.

"Oh yeah.. I was in need of your help. Trevor, I can't seem to tell which food is better for him." Neville explains.

"Trevors his pet toad." Luna leans closer to me to say. I nod in response.

"I'll be back okay?"

Before I could say anything they left in a rush.

Leaving me lost and alone.

From the corner of my eye I see a coin rolling down the floor.

It hits the heel of my shoe.

I turn around and see two tall gingers rushing towards the coin and I back up quickly.

They come crashing down for the pence.

"It fell out of my pocket!"

"No mine!"

I accidentally giggle out loud. Catching the attention of both of them.

"Well hello there m'lady" one says getting up. The other getting up soon after.

I then realize as they stand next to each other, towering over me. That they were twins.

"Omi, You're Identical-" I say in shock.

"That we are, sweet."

"Fred Weasley."

"George Weasley."

"Rune, say how tall are you two?"

"Above 6ft, 8 inches."

"Two different things by the way" one winks. Fred I think as he adds to his words.

I smile at the statement.

Paris looks nice from here.

"Don't mind my brother, He's usually like this" George smiles.

Fred realizing what he said turns and George bolts into the same direction they came from. Fred running right after him. Dropping the pence.

I decide to pick it up.

For remembrance.

A flying object catches my eye, I turn to the left. Looking out the window.

My brain sharpens as it hits me. It's the Beauxbatons Academy carriage. Pulled by eight pegasuses.

As it flies down low, my attention turns to the rising boat coming from the lake below.

I step back in shock..

Getting into more of a fright once I feel a hand on my back and shoulder. I snap my head to the person.

Relief coming out of me visibly as I realize its only mattheo.

"Are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost. Which by the way the castle hosts a ton of them.

Annoying spirits really."

He rambles, trying to catch his breath.

"Why- why are you panting?" I tilt my head.

His eyebrows raise and he avoids eye contact. Looking left and right. Stuttering to make up an excuse.

Pass his shoulders I see Luna and Daphne coming walking towards us.

"Merlins beard you should've seen Mattheo run off after hearing Luna leaving you here." Daphne says like its a big deal.

I turn to mattheo who's scrunching his face in cringe.

"To spare myself from embarrassment, I only did that because I remembered that you were new and probably were lost around the castle.

I don't know why you'd think leaving her alone was a good idea, Lovegood."

"I did say I'll be back" Luna adds.

Their voices start to fade, realizing I'm zoning out.

That boat-

"Earth to Rune?"

I blink and snap into reality once more.

"Is something wrong?" Daphne askes. I shake my head.

"Lies, I saw her like this when I arrived. Well worst, she looked terrified actually." Mattheo adds.

I scrunch my eyebrows at him.

"Well we have to get changed into our uniform soon, are you sure you'll be alright to attend the ceremony Rune?" Luna askes.

I shake my head unconsciously.

"Okay we're sending you to the nurses hall." Daphne states. Turning me around with my shoulders and wrapping her arm around mine. Leading the way

~