XV. Dates

~

"Rune!"

Hermione and I managed to cross paths while walking up and down a flight of stairs.

"Oh hi there." I say breathlessly.

"Is it really true? You're not going to the ball?" Hermione asked. ( wanting to be certain she wasn't going or else guilt will be taken upon her for going with Viktor.)

I shake my head.

"Someone will have to persuade me good to get me to go." I excuse.

She lets out a breath of relief.

"Who are you going with?" I ask.

"..Viktor Krum." She says with pressed firm lips. Hinting there should be an awkward atmosphere.

My heart sunk to the bottom upon hearing her say his name.

It was probably visible in my eyes but I was use to keeping a composed face.

Smiling as if it was a good surprise.

"Oh.. that's..amazing. " I try force a smile.

She seems to wait for more words out of me.

"I-.. I have to go. But enjoy the Ball.." I say, trying to breathe as I walk away.

Rushing off once shes out of view.

I find myself in the same room of the same damn Mirror.

Falling to the ground seeing the cursed reflection. I tried crying my sight away. Hoping that the view would be different everytime I blinked.

But it stayed him.

It was him watching down at me in pity. He crouched down to my level.

Just watching me. As if he was observing a creature.

I cursed myself. Him. This life.

I wanted to crush the mirror but I was suddenly gushed with cold air.

The breath taken out of me for a moment.

Opening my eyes after stabalizing my lungs again. I see a female ghost.

"My mother wouldn't let you cry here continuously." She says. Moving her hands through my hair.

The air getting colder.

"Wh- who are you." I sniffle. Trying to cover most evidence of me crying.

"Helena Ravenclaw. Yes daughter of Rowena." She states.

I stay quiet.

A few tears still dripping down.

"I can see whatever you commited to, it has hurt you. Ravenclaw students stay commited, loyal to what they hold dear to their heart.

You guys prize wisdom and knowledge, but mentally you're affected when something goes the way you didn't want it to go.

When left turns to right. Up goes down"

She starts saying.

"Why- why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"I feel it is what you need to hear. I've seen many come here and cry their hearts out.

Not one like you.

I could feel the same torturous pain I had once felt within you. I normally don't get involve with students.

But I couldn't stay quiet with you feeling so helpless."

I just watch her in tears.

Suddenly she turns towards the doorway.

I follow her gaze. Wondering what she had heard. Turning back to her, she had disappeared.

I drop my eyes to the floor.

Thinking thoroughly of her words.

"Rune?"

I groan.

"I'm so sick of hearing my name." I complain outloud unintentionally.

"What shall I call you then?"

It had taken me a moment to realize someone was actually here. Quickly turning to their figure.

"Hollow?"

"That would be me."

I squint my eyes, they hurt from crying.

Hollow walks forward. Crouching before me. Wiping my face free of my tears.

"I came here to smoke but I guess its already occupied." He says staring into my eyes with a smile.

"I'm sorry?" I say not knowing what else to reply.

"Want to talk about it, princess?"

I roll my eyes.

"No." My voice coarse.

"Hold on, You smoke?" I look up at him again. He laughs.

I raise an eyebrow at him confused as to why hes laughing.

"You really amuse me, princess."

"Stop calling me that" I cringe, my face scrunching up in disgust.

"It's your legal title. You're not used to anything you deal with daily at all. "

"Well great observation, I don't know what you want from me." I exclaim.

He chuckles again.

"You shouldn't be here crying. It's still daylight love."

His new nickname catches me off guard.

I tear my gaze from the floor and back into his eyes.

"Who are you to tell me-"

Within moments, we find each others lips locked. His tongue slipping in smoothly.

Caught in the moment, forgetting my thoughts, I allowed it to happen.

As his hands land on the side of my face, digging into my hair. I open my eyes. Realizing what we had done.

Pulling away first.

We both take a moment to catch our breath. Though he has a small smile on his face as he watches the floor.

I'm shocked staring at him. Breathing heavily.

"Forgive me, I could not help myself. " He says before sighing and getting up.

Making his way to the entrance.

"Do you need help getting up or?"

"I don't expect you to be a gentlemen, you practically just laughed at me crying then voilated me." I comment.

Picking myself up from the floor.

"Voilated huh.."

"Yeah."

He turns back around. Walking towards me.

"Well then let me apologize by taking you to the dance my lady. I shall make it up to you by becoming your company for the night."

I stare at him wide eyed. In disbelief.

He grabs my hand, placing a kiss on the top, I could feel his smile growing.

Laughing lightly one more time before leaving.

I stand still, unable to move myself from this spot.

"That was quite..entertaining." I feel a cold breeze one more time. Recognizing Helenas voice.

"At least you don't have to worry about finding dates for the ball now." She adds.

I turn to her with an slightly offended expression.

"That was unnessacary" I state.

"Right." She rolls her eyes before disappearing into the walls. Leaving me by myself once again.

Puzzled in my own thoughts. Finally realizing I'd have to go to the Ball.

Forced to see Viktor.

~