XXIV. Peverell

~

Romeir was being strangely silent. He didn't have anger nor any typical emotion on his face.

He looked like he was trying to stay composed but struggling to do so.

Igor, who had returned with Rune's mother. Had let Romeir off Captain duty to recover.

Meaning Rune's mother held her hands. Caressing her face.

The nurses were confused as to why she had not already burst out into tears.

But the queen knew something the others did not.

She informed the professors and asked for it to stay unknown.

Mcgonagall was the most shock to the news. The story of Rune killing her own father defitnetly surprised her.

"Can I talk to her for a moment." Mattheo asked the royal couple. He thought she'd think he was crazy for wanting to talk to her dead child.

Questioning if he knew or not. The queen suspected not and let him through.

Mattheo was slightly surprised to see them agree straight away.

They left the room to give him privacy seeing he was having a hard time to find the words with people in the room.

"I should've came with you to the arena. I shouldn't have left you.

I'm really sorry Rune. I know you'd say it wasn't my fault but I feel responsible.

I can't help but feel that Rune. I don't have your reassurance to help me out of it.

You know I really wish I could hear you say it one more time. That I'm not my father.

You're the smartest person I know so I'd believe you. Hell you can convince me of anything.

I'm sorry I failed you. I'd ask for forgiveness but if I could ask for anything it'll be you back alive.

I'm really sorry." He sobbed the last words. Blinking his tears away before walking out the door. He bowed his head to her mother before leaving.

The Queen took her daughter's body back to Bulgaria.

Leaving Romeir to finish his schooling.

The students were confused as to the absence of news about Rune. But no one dared to ask each other while Romeir was still here.

Mattheo made his move to leave after apologizing but he was stopped by Romeir at the courtyard.

"She's going to be alright." Romeir stated. Before breathing out the fresh summer air.

Mattheo didnt understand him. He wanted to believe he was saying that she'll be alive again.

But he knew there was no one who could save her anymore.

• Meanwhile ○

Meanwhile over in Bulgaria. Romeir returned to the castle instead of training for the next quidditch season.

Far into the castle,

Rune was in a glass see through coffin. It was sort of a tube that held her body on an angle.

Her body remained flushed with colours of a living person. Filled rosy cheeks and lips. Her hair turned grew silver highlights.

She was dressed in a silk white dress. Off shoulder with long flow sleeves. Thin layered skit.

The confinement was surrounded by gold runes. Seemingly powering her life.

"Will she be alright?" Romeir asked needing his own reassurance after telling everyone else she'll be okay.

"Do not doubt it Rome. You're father was a feared man for a reason. There's reasons why the dark magic seeks out for us."

Romeir knew why those who use magic for evil looked towards his family.

The bloodline has a long history of encounters with powerful beings. Their ancestors meddled with everybody that had incredible power.

And secrets.

"The peverell brothers angered Death by crossing the river successfully. In attempt to lead them to their doom, he granted each of them a wish.

Death will be going through the same anger towards Rune while we keep her stable with magic.

Rune's smart enough to deal with Death. It'll be the decision to save herself or your father that'll get to her."

"How are you so sure Death will grant her a wish?" Romeir asked.

"Because Death will give in to her."

His mother turned to him with confidence.

"But if that somehow doesn't work. I'm going to need to you to steal a ring from someone."

Romeir didn't question the stealing part.

"Terrible things happen to those who meddle with Death mother."

"Death is the most terrible thing that can happen."

And has happened.

~

The aurelion line has business deals with everybody. Whether people know it or not.