XXVIII. Disguise

_

"Severus."

Hesitantly he looked away, walking up the last flight of stairs.

"I was beginning to worry you had lost your way.

Come, we have saved you a seat." The Dark lord spoke up.

I watched as he took a seat at the table. His footsteps were the only sound among the crackling fire.

"You bring news, I trust."

"It will happen Saturday next at nightfall." The spacing between his words made him sound somewhat lifeless.

"I've heard differently, My lord." Another man spoke. "Dawlish, the auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns 17."

"This is a false trail." Snape stated.

"The auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter.

Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the ministry." He continues.

"Well they got that right, haven't they?" One man chuckles followed by the whole lot finding it humorous.

"What say you, Pius?" Voldemort faced the man at the other end of the table.

"One hears many things, my lord. Whether the truth is among them is not clear." He replied.

"Spoken like a true politician." The dark lord laughs. "You will, I think prove most useful, Pius."

There was a snake that slithered and stayed around Mattheo on the floor, almost favouring him.

"Where will he be taken, the boy?" Voldemort turns to Snape.

"To a safe house. Most likely the home of someone in the order. I'm told its been given every manner of protection possible.

Once there, it will be impractical to attack him." He responds.

A women coughs, one with a crazy look in her eye.

"My lord, I'd like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the boy."

Out of the blue an agonizing scream comes from below. I almost jumped at the sound.

Nearly giving away my cover.

But not as much as much as Mattheo who has been glancing my way several times.

"Wormtail!" The dark lord yells. "Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guests quiet?" He remarks.

"Yes, M-My lord. Right away, My lord." The ratface says as he makes his way towards the stairs.

Towards me.

To my unfortune, he also has the smelling abilities of a rat. He pauses right before me, sniffing the air.

Only to be distracted the another scream which he left soon to deal with.

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter."

My eyes widened and the quietest gasp escaped me.

Thankfully Mattheo, coughed at the same time. Distracting the guests and that snake.

I wonder if he knew or cared about what would happen to Harry.

"But I face an unfortunate complication - that my wand and Potters share the same core. They are in some ways..twins.

We can wound but not fatally harm one another.. If I am to kill him, I must do it with anothers wand." He walks around the side of the table.

"Come..surely one of you would like the honour? Hmm?" Each chair he touches, the more fear enters the wizard.