XXXVII. Grief

° THIRD POV •

(Gore warning?)

_

The castle was suddenly filled with the noises of a frantic crowd. Distraught minds and hectic movements. Everyone was preparing themselves.

The five students too caught up in the moment of rekindled love had forgotten the situation at hand.

"I have to get to Harry, he's needs to know how to find Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem." Luna spoke up in concern.

Blaise already disliking the idea, visibly shown on his face.

"Potter seems to be under prepared for situations like this. I mean does he not go through the same struggles every year.." Daphne commented.

"Considering the diadem, he'll have to deal with Helena. That's a struggle no one would ever get used to." Mattheo added.

Both of them receiving silencing looks from Rune.

"You guys better get to him then." Rune stated. "Mattheo you should also go with them. Don't you have connections with Helena?" she added.

With a displeased face, Mattheo turned the couple around and they rushed off to find Harry. Riddle taking his sweet time to walk around the corner with his hands in his pockets.

"I need to know Rune." Daphne looked at Rune dead in the eye. "How is it with Krum?" Daphne asked.

Rune sighed expecting a more serious question. Her senses almost faltered at the sound of his name. A smile tugging on her face while she became aware of the change in her breathing pattern.

"We're..working it out." Rune kept it short as she wanted to avoid her mind being clouded up with the thought of Viktor Krum.

Merlin knows, she'll need a clear mind to deal with the upcoming events.

Daphne' eyes narrowed as she gave Rune a teasing smile. Until that look faded as she saw what was happening outside the castle.

Dragging Rune with her to the window. Watching in silence as a magical barrier formed around the school.

It gave the two an uneasy feeling, knowing that it can only delay him for so long.

Amidst of the panicking crowd, Luna had spotted Harry rushing up the stairs. Calling his name but with no luck, she decided to run after him.

Blaise made an attempt to follow after her but that attemp was shut down b Mattheo holding him back.

"Luna doesn't need any assistance from us. She has it covered." Mattheo tried reassuring Blaise. "Although it is funny she left after you just won her back." He added with a mischievous grin, getting a death stare in return.

On one side of the castle, Dean had reluctantly asked for Rune and Daphne to help them with the defense.

They watched, frozen in their spots as the barrier had been destroyed. Breaking apart in such little time.

Daphne took a small step back. Her breathing slowed down as she took the time to remember her family. Turning to Rune, Daphne had calmed down. Seeing the blank look on Rune's face as she watched into the distance, comforted Daphne.

It was still a little surprising for her to see her friend so composed.

No Fear.

No Tension.

Not even a look that sought out for revenge.

With Rune, there was nothing but guilt in her head. Her mind already gave her the ending and she felt not grief, but remorse for the great loss that will take place.