XXVII. Corner

_

It felt weird to have missed two birthdays. My features defitnetly matured along with time.

I spent a couple of days trying to reconnect with everyone around me.

For me, it was as if nothing had happened. To them, I've been absent for countless months.

It was a struggle, having to look them in the eye and watch them still be in disbelief of my existence.

Viktor and I both agreed it was best to settle things after I turn eighteen. For now we thought working on our own lives would be best. Still being apart of each others life.

I haven't even gotten a chance to see Mattheo and the others. And I wasn't allowed to write to them either.

Most of them must be starting their 7th year.

Others graduated. Or dropped out.

"Must you go back there?" Romeir hesitantly hands over a book of mine.

"If what you say is true, and things have drastically changed there, I have to talk to him."

The one person who would know every detail but keep it to himself.

"It's a dangerous time to travel princesse." Talo had knocked on the door once before entering the room.

"It's not like I've been in a worse scenario." I mention before handing him my book.

Romeir hands me a dark blue hooded cape, before giving me one last hug.

"I don't want him going after me Romeir. " I tell him.

"I'll make sure Viktors too restless to even get out bed." He grins as he raises the hood to my head.

I couldn't tell anyone apart from these two that I had planned to visit the others.

They would never let me go and even if they did, they would've insisted on coming along.

I make my way to the fireplace, grabbing a small handful of the floo powder.

"Are you sure this will go the distance?" Romeir askes, turning to Talo.

"Your father adjusted it, just say the words Rune." He crosses his arms.

"Malfoy Manor."

°°°

"Who's here?"

I duck down, looking around to see the source of the voice.

My eye moves up a figure which approaches the fireplace I was standing in.

I'm being pulled out and hugged tightly.

From the hair, I instantly recognized him.

My eyes drift to the blonde boy sitting at the long wooden dinner table.

All the other chairs were empty.

"Draco?" I tilt my head, observing his facial features.

"R-rune.. You're meant to be..dead." he  said softly.

I was finally released from the tight hold. Getting pushed back a little by Mattheo so he could get a good look at me.

"What's happenining here?" I look back and fourth between the two of them.