IX. Stories

~

The rest of the school day was well less social.

Apparently word got around of my name. Thanks to that prefect. And my little confrontation with Pansy.

I'm up to the point where if people become less annoying knowing who I am. I won't care if they know me.

At first I wanted to see how I would be treated normally but I just don't think I could handle that.

The way people act around my kind is just normalized to me now.

It sounds spoiled if you put it that way.

There's just assumptions about me now. Which is annoying. I treat people differently.

That may be a bad thing but to me its righteous.

I'm not going to be all friendly to a stranger or enemy. But nor am I going to act like I have benefits with some friends I've made.

"The nomination ceremony will start soon, Rune. We have to get to the grand hall." Luna tells me. We walk side by side to the grand hall.

We arrive a little earlier than most of the students.

I recognized Fallon and Hollow seated at the bottom of the bleachers. Girls surrounding them.

They spot me, an annoyed look planted on their faces. I grin. They send helpless looks. I chuckle.

Trajer soon walks in and takes a seat next to them.

Beauxbaton girls taking a seat near them annoying some hogwart girls with their courage.

Durmstrang and Beauxbaton academy aren't new to each other. During holidays some of us would get together and go traveling. Doing all sorts of activities together.

A few blue dressed girls send me soft smiles in greetings. I return the smiles recognizing them.

"Rune, Luna."

The two of us see Hermione and her two male friends. She takes a seat beside me. The boys sitting to her left.

"Rune, this is Harry and that's Ron." Hermione introduces us to each other.

We share awkward little waves before.

"News got out about you."

"I know." I sigh.

"Everyone's been talking either about the tournament, the other schools or you.

Its quite entertaining to hear some of the stories."

"Really? What's your favourite one?" I ask.

Luna was busy watching the room fill up while harry and ron talk amongst themselves.

"My favourite has to be the fight between you and pansy. apparently it happened this morning." She answers.

A small breath of laughter escapes me.

"No that wasn't a rumour. But I wouldn't say it was much of a fight. She made a comment about me and went out of her way to bump into me." I rephrase.

Hermione furrows her eyebrows in shock. Waiting for me to continue.

"I lost balance and almost fell on her friends. She seemed pretty mad at that.

I just confronted her in return but that's prettt much it." I try brushing off the topic. Hermione shakes her head in disbelief.

"I wish I could've seen it."

"I'd happily do it again for you to see.' I joke. She giggles.

As I unfocus on our conversation, I realized the room was pretty full.

Daphne had arrived and sat in the table behind us. Talking between her friends. Mattheo walking in late and taking a seat right behind me. Next to Daphne.

Sending glares to other people.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selections!"

We all watch as Dumbledore approaches the blue flame filled goblet. It glows red.

A name coming out, he grabs it fast.

"The Durmstrang Champion.."

I swear to god if it's my brother.

"Viktor Krum!"

Of course it was the worse option I  didn't think of.

The boys all cheer for him as he walks up. Receiving a pat from Dumbledore.

He stands at the front staring into the crowd.

I look down at my palms, not wanting to look up. But the sound of crackling flames grabs my attention.

"The champion from Beauxbatons.. Fleur Delacour!"

I clap and cheer along with the estatic girls from the same academy.

The flame spits out the last name.

"The Hogwarts champion..Cedric Diggory!"

Everyone cheers.

I hesistate to join.

People can make rumours out of anything.

"Excellent, we now have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist the chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the triwizard cup!"

People cheer louder but the room suddenly goes quiet as the flame turns red once more.

Spitting out yet another unexpected name.

"Harry potter?"

Everyone near turns to Harry.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore yells louder.

A few complaints shouted here and there. I almost felt bad for him as its clear on his face he wanted nothing to do with this tournament.

The teachers grab harry and the leave the prefects to guide us back to the common rooms.

Before I could join the line of Ravenclaws, Mattheo pulls me aside. Contemplating but ending up bringing Luna along aswell.

He leads us to a part of the castle which was empty. Daphne waiting there.

"Can you believe Potter cheated his way in the tournament. I heard they're going to let him compete!" Daphne states in shock.

"Quite surprising coming from Potter actually. Never thought he'd have the balls to do something like that." Mattheo says.

"I don't think harry put his name in the cup you guys." Luna comments.

"I agree with Luna. You two should've seen his face. It was not one of amusement. Or triumph." I add.

Footsteps echo the hallway.

The four of us all scatter away.

Every corner and now, Luna and I would stop and listen if there was anyone there.

Detention doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy or get out of easily.

In a rush, walking pass another corner, I bump into someone. Luna luckily behind me.

I open my eyes and see Fleur.

I sigh and hug her in relief. She hugs back tightly.

"My amie, what are you doing out this late?" She askes.

"My friend and I had to go talk to someone. But hey, congrats on the selection." I say. She gives me a smile and another hug after.

"Thank you, I must bring my sister back to our quarters now."

"We have to get back too. Goodluck in the tournaments" I say before we head our seperate ways.

"You know everyone hm." Luna comments.

"You could say that."

~