XX. Second Task.

• Third POV ○

Everyone gathered to the lake to head on the boats. Leading to the second task.

Viktor had not been able to see his lover in the morning. He was beginning to worry as he could not see her in the audience.

"Where is Rune?" He finally spoke up.

It was only now that everyone seemed to have noticed.

"Has something happened to Rune? I can't find my sister anywhere." Fleur joined the conversation.

Romeir visibly getting frustrated.

"When did you last see her?" Tolga speaks.

"Gabrielle? Yesterday. The teacher with the weird eyes had asked for her." Fleur states.

Tolga turns to Viktor.

"The same man asked for Rune."

Tolga being a smart person put the clues together. Realizing people from the champions have been taken from them.

"Do not stress. They are safe. You two must finish this task if you want to see them."

The champions assumed he had meant to get over with the task and then look for their loved ones.

But what Tolga had said, he had meant literally.

By the sound of the canon, the champions dived into the water. Harry being shoved in.

It was a deep dive in the lake. Unnecessarily tall seaweed covered the grounds. Making it difficult for the competitors.

Fleur's air bubble spell had failed her and she had been disqualified. Only then being informed about her sister being in the lake.

Harry had gotten to the designated area first. Seeing all four of the victims.

Hermione, Cho, Gabrielle and Rune.

The place was guarded by merpeople. Vicious ones. Given the task to guard the kidnapped victims.

From the distance Harry sees a figure coming close.

It was Cedric.

He had made his move to cut the rope with a spell, it was Rune he had set free.

But the two paused. Cedric pointing behind Harry in fear. Harry turned around to see a shark.

Cedric swimming up to the surface with Rune in his grasp.

Viktor took a moment to realize what Cedric had done, in confusion and out of anger he sped up. Taking hermione with him.

Harry was attacked by the mermaids who only allowed him to take one.

Either Cho or Gabrielle.

But being the hero Harry is, he persisted. Taking the two of them both.

The hostages rose to the surface but Harry was dragged to the bottom. His webbed feet, hands and gills were slowly disappearing.

With a spell he ascended into the air landing on the platform.

***First POV***

I gasped out for air. I was covered in water. Murky lake water to be exact.

My eyes opened to Cedric with a smile on his face, an audience watching the two of us.

My motor senses seemed to still have been kicking in as for a moment I forgot how to swim.

I grabbed onto Cedric for my life. Hating that I could not feel the bottom of this lake with my feet.