XXXIII. Wedding

(Picture a dress of your choice for Rune)
_

There was three knocks on my door.

On the other side, stood Mattheo with a wand in his hand. My wand to be specific.

"How did you get it?" I ask as he passes it over.

"With good looks and a charming personality." He said heavy in sarcasm as he walked away without saying a proper answer.

I returned to the mirror in my room, flattening out any creases in the dress I had on for the wedding reception.

It was flattering on me and wasn't going to outshine the bride. Nor put me in the spotlight for attention.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it was a bad idea to go. Deciding I should bring my wand just in case. I wasn't going to disappoint a close friend of mine by not going.

Furthermore it was a chance for me to see him in person again. It had seemed like a long time since I've stood in his presence.

I guess I'm admitting that I missed him.

With him at the wedding, I won't be so much alone. Barely any of the close friends, I had made at Hogwarts, were going to this wedding. Though I had high hopes Luna would be invited.

Mattheo wasn't able to go but it wasn't like he wanted to anyway. And Daphne's family was considered an enemy along with most Slytherin families.

"I still don't think you should go." Mattheo repeated for the sixteenth time today.

"You keep saying that without a reasonable explanation. Why shouldn't I go, Mattheo?" I questioned him. My eyes narrowing at him, noticing his weird behavior.

It clicked in my head, he knew something.

But I wasn't going to force it out of him.

Though I may have to suffer for not doing so, later on.

Mattheo avoided eye contact and looked pass his right shoulder to the wall, slightly angered.

"Take your wand with you alright." He finally spoke up. "Already ahead of you." I responded with a proud grin.

I apparated back to the grass location I remembered.

It was dark but the large tent ahead lit up the area brightly. The party was already commencing.

I wasn't the only one who just arrived. A few people were also apparating to the event.

I made my way to the tent, the chatter and music grew louder. I was welcomed by Fleur with a warm hug and I congratulated her.

Fortunately only a few recognized me. No stranger I didn't meet during my year at Hogwarts knew me.

On the downside, strangers who knew a person who looked exactly like me decided to make an approach out of curiosity.

I was full of regret as I tried to explain to them in the least informative way that I was her daughter.

After the few greetings, I finally found Luna and her father.

"Would you like to join us for a dance?" She asked and I shook my head with a smile. Watching the two as they span around, fluttering their hands.

Out of the blue, Harry appeared beside me, joining me watch the father and daughter dance together.

"You're still here." I addressed with an amused smile. "You were right." He replied.

"What did Ron say to make you stay?" I asked.