XI. Badges

~

I kept replaying the same scene of receiving Viktors's cloak in my head all morning.

Dazing off into imaginary scenarios.

"Oomph."

I grab hold of my chest as a hefty idiot decided to bump into me.

It was one of Draco's friends. He had a few pastries in his hold. One or two fell to the floor.

He apologies profusely, but my attention goes to the badge clipped onto  his uniform.

"Can I see that real quick." I ask but it came out in a way where it sounded more of a demand.

He quickly stuffs his pockets and unpins the badge, handing it over to me.

Looking closely it had said "Potter Stinks" written on it.

I threw the badge onto the floor, putting a quick burning spell on it. Crushing the ashes as I stepped over it.

Fortunately I had seen Harry walking through the middle, talking to Cedric.

I stood in the entrance, watching their little exchange. Glaring at people who pass with the badge.

"These people are quite weird, don't you think." I look around and see Trajer, Fallon and Hollow.

Fallon had sat on the window sill, Trajer beside me and Hollow leaning on the pillar. Watching the hall unlike the rest of us.

"It's horrible. How could they think of such things." I say in disbelief.

"It's a little amusing." Fallon says with a grin. A badge in his palms. Observing it as it changes from Cedric Diggory to Potter stinks.

I grab the badge and try ditching it at the hufflepuff group of boys.

But my hand is caught by Trajer.

"If you provoke them, we would have to step in. Romeir would kill us if we just watched you do something so stupid." He explains.

I glare at him.

"Please, they'd enjoy receiving attention from me I bet."

"She's not wrong Trajer. Every boy at this school seems to have fallen for our printcessa."

I turn to Fallon with an amused yet questioning smile.

"Are you enjoying the attention, Rune?"

I get caught off guard. Not by the question. But by the person.

"Are you talking to me?" I turn to behind. Hollow steps into view.

"Well I did say Rune didn't I?" He adds.

The other two watch in shock of Hollows sudden words.

"Oh, well I'm not really affected by it." I hesistate to speak, still a little off set by him.

He nods in understoodment.

I turn back around and see Cedric find me in the crowd. He smiles and waves at me.

Feeling disgusted by his actions, I send him a blunt look. Shaking my head as I turn away and walk to my next class.

The three boys curiously watching me.

"Where are you going?" Fallon askes.

"Class?"

"Oh yeah we've come to get you, your brother assigned us to find you." Trajer informs.

"Why?" I ask suspicious of their words.

"Theres been a quidditch match planned later and Romeir wants you to help. He got permission for you to skip your class.