XVI. Yule Ball

Dress Above ~

~

I drew out the present box from under my bed once everyone had gone out to find their dates.

It was gift from Talo.

Carefully pulling on the ribbon, taking of the lid revealed a dress, a pair of heels and some jewellery.

With all this stuff to put on and prepare I was bound to be late.

I left my hair down to save time.

Everyone had already left for the ball. I walked down the stairs of the quiet Common room.

Hollow waiting on the couch.

He does a double look as he catches a glimpse of me.

"I guess it was worth the wait. To be honest, I doubted you would actually go."

He has spoken so much and it still came as a shock to me.

Hollow was dressed in the traditional Durmstrang uniform which consisted of a cape, woolly fur and a blood red robe.

I wrap my arm around his and we make our way to the great hall.

Silence over takes our journey there.

"Hollow.."

He looks pass his shoulder, down at me.

"Yes?" He says, making me realize I had not said what I was going to say.

"You're not one to idealize in these sort of things." I say.

"You're telling me I'm not?"

I close my eyes shut in stupidity.

"I mean I thought you wouldn't like this stuff."

I open one eye to look up at him.

He chuckles.

"I'm not good with comforting people if you haven't figured that out yet. I thought going to the ball would cheer you up. I didn't like seeing you upset."

Oh.

"So you just pitied me." I looked ahead.

"Of course I did. But I guess I wanted to go to the Ball aswell. With you.."

I look back up at him.

"You were right when you said I wasn't one to idealize stuff like this. Romance seemed unnecessary in life to me. But you somehow made me feel..heartbroken." he paused and waited for my reaction.

My mouth gaped open. Unable to speak a word.

"I know you love him. The moment I knew I had caught feelings for you was during the moment you shared with him during the nomination hours."

The words that came out from him were the last thing I expected to hear.

"I envied the way you looked at him. It was different from how anyone had looked at me. I thought, if I found someone who looked at me the way you looked at him. I'd plan to marry her. Then the thoughts just came saying that I wouldn't get that from anyone but you." He adds.

I couldn't dare say a word. I didn't want to interrupt his moment. It felt so strange hearing him speak this long. Let alone his intent of confessing his love for me.

"You gave me that same look you know. Back in that tower. Despite that kiss, it still felt like the mutual feelings were missing. "

I tear my gaze from my dress to his eyes once more.