Steamy antic

Pixal and Zane are late for school. They run into the main hall.

Scott also seems to be late. He's coming from the left hall - now walking towards the stairs up to the classroom.

"Scott." Zane said. Scott turns to them with a frown.

"Hey." Scott said.

"Yesterday at Borg Tower, you just left, we were worried, why did you not tell us?" Zane asked with a short breath.

"No time to explain. We are already late." Scott murmured. He's about to turn around but Zane lays a hand on his shoulder.

"I-" Zane began.

"Don't touch me." Scott urged. "I'm done talking to you." Scott pushes Zane, who flies into Pixal.

Scott proceeds to apologize to Zane who is lying in Pixal's arms. Scott looks at them with a weak smile but something makes him reconsider.

"Is that my contract?" Scott asked. He snatches the scroll from Zane's pocket. Zane falls out from Pixal's arms and quickly stands up.

"How come the only two people I trusted ended up with this? Were you snooping around Borg Tower?" Scott asked.

"No!" Zane countered. "We found it and saw your name on it-"

Scott refuses to hear another word and proceeds to leave.

"Scott, the scroll. My father wanted me to return it to its vault." Pixal told him. Scott turns to them.

"Scroll, could you be more specific? Oh, you mean this scroll?"

Pixal sighs in relief and makes an attempt to retrieve Scott's contract. Scott narrows his eyes.

"No way!" He cried out as he kicks Pixal - who flies into Zane.

"You will pay for that." Zane said. He jumps towards Scott and they both fall to the floor. Scott drops the scroll. It bounces away.

Pixal runs past the two boys to get the scroll but Scott acts quickly and grabs Pixal's leg so she falls too.

The three of them are shortly lying on the ground, while the scroll rolls into the staff room that, for some reason, is open.

They gasp and stand up fast.

"Scott, we need to work together to get it back," Zane told him. "Then we can contin-"

Zane stares as Scott runs off. "Scott." Zane desperately said.

He and Pixal run after him; up to the door.

Scott peeks inside. Dyer, their headmaster, is making a coffee. The scroll is lying right behind his feet.

"I have a plan." Pixal whispered. Scott frowns and refuses to listen or work together. He makes a somersault into the room and then hides behind a brown sofa.

"I will go in." Zane said. "When I've reached that chair, you distract Mr. Dyer and make him leave the room.

Pixal nods to show that she's understood.

Zane sneaks into the room and hides behind a chair. Scott looks at Zane, gives him the evil eye and rolls his eyes.

They're soon kneeling on each side of Milton Dyer, who's almost done with his coffee.

Scott prepares to jump, Zane sees it and prepares to jump too. Pixal shakes her head in an attempt to tell them both not to jump.

Zane is the first to jump and grab the scroll. Scott jumps a blink after and grabs the other end of the scroll at the same time as Milton Dyer takes a step back and falls.

The cup of coffee is tossed up in the air and everyone gasps. Dyer stands up quickly enough to see Pixal catching the cup mid-air, saving his beverage.

Zane and Scott join Pixal by the door. They expect some kind of scolding and a lecture about how hot beverage can be or how dangerous porcelain is if it's shattered.

However, Milton Dyer doesn't seem too stunned or upset. He gives them a long sigh and cups his own face.