chapter 110

"It's great that she cares about you!" Shi Fengju smiled as he glanced over to Liu Ya ruefully, "You little lass, do you only look after your ma'am? Why didn't you buy a bowl for me as well?"

Not knowing that Shi Fengju was only joking with her, she stuttered," Sir, please forgive me, I'll buy another bowl right now! I... I didn't know that Sir likes street food like these as well..."

"Forget it, forget it!" Shi Fengju saw her flustered face and he hastily reassured, "I wasn't being serious, there's no need for you to buy another bowl! "

"This girl is quite simple-minded, she can't comprehend your joke!" Sang Wan was amused. Seeing how Liu Ya stood awkwardly at the side, she added, "You can head back to eat with the rest, there won't be a need for you to serve us here!"

Liu Ya remained unassured and did not dare to leave as she casted an uncertain glance at Shi FengJu.

Shi Fengju laughed, "Hasn't your ma'am asked you to head back? Go on ahead. I was only joking with you so don't treat it too seriously!"

"Yes, yes, this servant will head back now!" Liu Ya heaved a sigh of relief as she patted on her chest.

'Does it really taste that good? Let me have a taste too!" Shi Fengju took a look at the silky smooth beancurd and calmly scooped a spoonful into his mouth. Nodding at Sang Wan, he smiled and said, "It's really good. No wonder you like it so much!"

Blood rushed up Sang Wan's face and she pursed her lips. Seeing how he did not find his actions out of place, she remained silent to not make things awkward between them.

"I'm glad you like it. Li Ji Beancurd is the town's long-established shop with many who loves to eat their beancurd!" Sang wan smiled gently.

"Oh, so it is a long-established shop, that explains why it tastes so good! I have to give it another taste!" Upon realizing, Shi Fengju took another spoonful from her bowl without any reserve.

The smile on Sang Wan's face stiffened, unsure whether she should continue to eat from the bowl or not even though neither options did not seem right.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you eating?" Shi Fengju asked on purpose. He was amused by how Sang Wan's neck turned beef red from embarrassment and found his wife increasingly lovely with each passing day.

"Alright... err ... I was going to!" Sang Wan smiled nervously and took an empty bowl before splitting the leftovers into half for Shi Fengju. "If you like it as well, let's split it into half!"

"Sounds good, thank you!" Shi Fengju grinned and finished his share after a few mouths while looking at her intently.

Sang Wan savoured her's with her head lowered as if she did not sense his gaze.

"Why don't we go out for a walk since there's nothing to do today? On a side note, I haven't ventured around your town before!" Shi Fengju said tenderly.

Although there were not many places to visit in the town, it was better than doing nothing in the inn. She then nodded in agreement, "Compared to Qingzhou, there isn't much to see here. If you don't find mind, I'll bring you around!"

Shi Fengju smiled, "There is no need for sightseeing. We'll just wander about the area!"

After finishing their meal, Liu Ya brought in two new outfits. Shi Fengju's was a sapphire blue hemp robe, with simple cutting; and Sang Wan's had a red cross-stitched outer robe made with muslin to match with a white long dress. Their attire was simple yet elegant.

Wearing such clothing would not attract unwanted attention. "How thoughtful of you!" Sang Wan smiled and said to Liu Ya before instructing her to help put on the clothes, followed by grooming her hair and sliding an inconspicuous jade hairpin.