Chapter 71: Auntie Wu's Tolerance

Not eye-catching while also entering through the side gate—those words indiscriminately pricked Gu Fangzi's nerves to the point where she almost exploded with anger!

How could she tolerate such depressing words?

" You're in no position to speak in front of me! Since today's an auspicious day, I'm too lazy to bicker with you! Now, don't just stand there. Go back and repeat what I said! Now!" With an ice-cold face, Gu Fangzi pointed at Auntie Wu as she barked her orders.

Auntie Wu was, in any case, married to a son born in the Shi household. Her man managed three villages, and he was a man tasked with responsibilities regardless of their magnitude. As for her, she had been in the Shi household for many years and was even addressed politely by Sang Wan as "Lady Wu." Confronted by Gu Fangzi whose face had turned yellow from anger, Auntie Wu pursed her lips and remained speechless.

"What're you still standing here for? Go!" Gu Fangzi added another sentence.

"Understood, laonu shall go now!" In the end, Auntie Wu did not dare to offend someone whose status was that of a master. She gritted her teeth and swallowed down the anger within her. In her heart, however, she cussed the vile lady like there was no tomorrow. What a thing, already so frivolous when you haven't even married in yet! Not only are you unfit to tie Ma'am's laces, you aren't even worthy of being called a master! To marry in so soon while the freshness of the death of one's family member still lingers, you are nothing more than unwanted goods!

"Lan Xiang is Miss Gu's closest maidservant. It will be better for her to stay and serve Missy. Well then, laonu and her two old sisters shall take a return trip!" Auntie Wu said so as she smiled.

Gu Fangzi thought for a moment and nodded. If Lan Xiang followed them, she would be implying that she was supportive of the complaint. Asking Aunt themselves would be better.

Gu Fangzi then eased her face and looked suspiciously at Auntie Wu. "When you see the mistress, you should know what to say without the need for me to teach, right?"

Auntie Wu quickly laughed. "Laonu knows! Laonu thinks that this is not the right way to conduct such ceremony and return to ask for advice. It's all for the face of Shi family and has nothing to do with Miss Gu."

Satisfied, Gu Fangzi nodded as she instructed, "Then go quickly! If you do it right, I shall reward you handsomely! If you dare to play any tricks, hmph, just hope that I don't find out!"

Auntie Wu was taken aback and quickly lowered her head. "Laonu doesn't dare, laonu doesn't dare!" Auntie Wu had actually intended to complain about her, but after Gu Fangzi's threat, she quickly kept that complaint to herself. After all, there was a difference between a master and a servant. Since inquiring around posed no difficulty for Gu Fangzi, where would she hide if she were to be punished?

Not daring to incite against a master did not mean she did not dare to cripple the ceremony. Auntie Wu had a stomach full of anger, and she had to vent it out somewhere, and so she brought the other servants along and slowly entered the city. On the way, she even generously treated everyone to some tea and snacks. When people eat food from others, they'll speak good of them. The group were glad that there had things to eat, and with so much time on their hands to enjoy, they would definitely not rat her out. And so, one by one, they entered the teahouse and chatted happily for almost an hour before slowly returning to the household.

After returning back to the household, Lady Wu went to meet with Wang Shi and spoke according to what Gu Fangzi had wished for her to say. Of course, she did not say that it was Gu Fangzi's idea and instead claimed it was her own.

Wang Shi was filled with anger after listening to her. "Meddlesome woman! Who asked you to decide all by yourself! I sent you to receive her, but where did you fling her to without any cares? And you even returned with an empty chair! What is this!"