chapter 83

behavior is indeed inappropriate! Your husband ought to have taught you!” Ren Zhixian spoke in all seriousness. He became even more disappointed with Sang Wan, and he could not help but sigh to himself, It sure is difficult to find like-minded people under this sky!

“I apologize for my negligence!” Sang Wan quickly stood up.

“Sang Wan!” Shi Fengju could not help but be angry, and he glanced coldly at Ren Zhixian. He had never thought highly of his self-righteous and pedantic brother-in-law. If he could act in such a way, then he shouldn’t have sold off all his family’s assets, as well as his wife’s dowry, clean and then act as if that was meant to be. What made him even angrier was what happened to the four maidservants who followed his big sister when she was married. In less than a year, other than Cui Zhu, the other three whom he had done the deed with were all sold off when times were difficult. Presently, the remaining Cui Zhu had become his concubine!

It was fine that a mistake was pointed out by his big sister, but there was no need for his irrelevant comment! If he were truly a knowledgeable person, then he shouldn’t be doing anything that would cause others to doubt him! Is Shi Fengju’s wife someone whom he could speak lightly of?

Shi Fengju grasped Sang Wan’s arm and pulled her back to her seat. “We’re a family; there’s no need for so many rules! When did Big Sis start paying so much attention to the little details!” Shi Fengju smiled. His words were understated, and his hand secretly pinched Sang Wan’s arm as he tried to appease her.

“That’s right. Yumei ah, you’re wrong about Sang Wan!” Wang Shi smiled as she continued, “Your younger sister-in-law knows the rules very well! I do slightly dislike that politeness of hers. We’re a family, and we shouldn’t be living with so much reservation among one another! Keke, just when she had finally made herself at ease in front of me, you just have to point that out! That’ll surely make Sang Wan ill at ease! Sang Wan ah, your Big Sis has always been like this, but don’t think about it too much! Keke, have a seat quickly! Oh, how did the dinner preparations go?”

“Nanny Li’s observing over at the kitchen. I’m sure dinner will be ready very soon!” Sang Wan quickly replied as she smiled at her mother-in-law gratefully.

“Ah yes, that’s right. I spoke without thinking. Sister-in-law Sang Wan, please don’t take it to heart! Keke, you truly are blessed to have my mother and my younger brother stand by you!” Seeing her mother and her brother speak for Sang Wan, her heart felt even more unhappy. But sensing her younger brother’s annoyance, she stopped. She gave another glance before letting out a laugh, “How come I do not see Cousin Fangzi? Second Brother Shi Fengju, what is Cousin Fangzi doing? Why didn’t she come and see me when I’m back?”

Shi Fengju’s heart tightened, and he looked at Sang Wang unintentionally. That fell on Shi Yumei’s sight, and his face made her even more resentful. Well done, it hasn’t been long since you have been married to my younger brother, and you are already controlling him to such a sight! At the thought of a son being born in the future, Shi Yumei trembled.

Sang Wan’s face remained calm, and her brows did not crease, but her heart secretly cried for help. Shi Fengju’s gaze at her, as well as Shi Yumei’s resentful expression, were all seen clearly by her. She could not help but wonder if there was anyone more unfortunate than her! Sir, your sister is asking you, but why did you have to look at me! What does your Fangzi have to do with me?