chapter 82

Mistress, A while later, Cui Zhu returned hurriedly before saying softly, Our young master and maam have not had lunch yet. Our maam said to have lunch sent over to them

Wang Shi was sent in a daze, and she looked at the western clock which hung on the wall. Although angry, her heart ached and her brows rose as she exclaimed, Just what kind of life are they living! Motioning to Cui Zhu that she may return, she quickly went to instruct a servant, Quickly, have the small kitchen make a few dishes that Yumei likes, and then send them over!

Not long after, Shi Lian arrived. Wang Shi was distressed over her own daughter, so she did not have the heart to give any attention to Shi Lian. With just a few words, she sent Shi Lian back. Shi Lian did not speak much and obediently withdrew.
A

brief moment after Shi Lian had left, Sang Wan arrived. Seeing only her mother-in-law, she quickly went up to greet her and asked with a smile, Mother, wasnt I called because Big Sister has returned? But why do I not see her!

Oh, Wang Shi smiled and replied, The trip here has tired her out, so she has already left to rest! Just carry on with what youre doing. Meeting her at night wont be late, too! Right, have the kitchen cook a few more dishes, and lets all have dinner together tonight. Also, for Fengju, send someone to tell him to return slightly earlier tonight!

Yes, Mother! Sang Wan smiled and answered before asking, Im not too sure what kind of dishes Big Sister and her husband would like to have. How should I go about instructing the kitchen?

Seeing that Sang Wan was being thoughtful to them, Wang Shi was extremely pleased and she smiled. The kitchen staff will know! Its enough to instruct them about tonight! Go then!

Understood. Then I shall take my leave! Without saying or asking much, Sang Wan smiled and left.

Although she had hurried over, she was not able to meet with Shi Yumei. If things were as they used to be, Sang Wan would surely take more notice of them. Since she had already been called over, Shi Yumei should still wait and see her before leaving to take a rest regardless of how tired she may be, no? But Sang Wan was sure that majority of the fault lay upon her mother-in-law.
Her mother-in-law was never sequential when doing things. On one side, she called for her to meet with her eldest daughter, while she sent her eldest daughter off to rest on the other. She believed that this was only possible if it were her mother-in-law who did so.

But Sang Wan would never have dreamed that Shi Yumei was deliberately making life difficult for her; thus, Sang Wan was wrong in her assumption!

Without Nanny Li present to give any pointers since she had already left to send out festive gifts, Sang Wan did not put this matter to heart.

Your people do not seem to welcome us at all. I think that we should just stay for a night and leave tomorrow! In the guest room, Ren Zhixian, who had not been deeply given respect and attention, grunted and said coldly to his wife.

To? Shi Yumei sneered, To where? Even if there were a place to go, you go by yourself! I wont leave with you!

You! Ridiculous! Ren Zhixian coldly rolled up his sleeves, but the anger in his tone momentarily vanished.

Not too long after, the dishes arrived. Shi Yumei gleefully picked up a pair of chopsticks and claimed, Ya! Only my mother cares for me the most! All these dishes are my favorites! After taking a bite, she praised, En, so delicious! Its been so long since I last had wine-dipped chicken made this well!

Ren Zhixian gave a glance. There were only deep-fried prawns, eight treasure tofu, wine-dipped chicken, stir-fried eel, and a large bowl of piping hot minced beef stew sprinkled with coriander. All the dishes were his wifes favorites, but his favorite pork sausages, steamed fish, fresh bamboo shoots, and many more were not present among the dishes!