58

What really scared her was Shi Second Mistress. If not for Shi Lian and her servant appearing at the scene, Shi Second Mistress would surely make her be the scapegoat! At that time, the other three maidservants present were all under her, and sealing their mouth would be effortless! Shi Lians appearance at the scene made her uncertain whether she had seen it or not, and thus, Sang Wan was let off!

Sang Wan simply could not imagine, how Wang Shi would think if it were her who pushed Shi Second Maam into the pond, and Gu Fangzi would definitely make a huge fuss about it! After all, Shi Second Maam held no grudge against her nor would she want to point a blade at her. Even so, there were no excuses that could be made other than her being careless. But such an excuse lacked concreteness which would require the listeners to use their imagination.

After today, she would absolutely never return to the flower garden. And even if she had to, there must at least be one person from her side! Sang Wan secretly thought to herself.

In no more than two days, Shi Second Maams mother and sister-in-law arrived at the Shi familys household. Seeing her familys own daughter lying on the bed in distraught, Mistress Zhou felt extremely sad and cried while pointing accusations. That Zhous daughter-in-law was also a good one, comforting her mother-in-law, while also pointing her accusations. The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law then scolded Shi Second old Master and Shi Second Mistress until their faces turned red with embarrassment. In the end, Wang Shi had to come forward to mediate, saying a few good words to appease Mistress Zhuo, before using her authority as the Old Masters wife to scold the Shi Seconds. Only then did Mistress Zhou finally kept her tears reluctantly.

In a matter of course, Mistress Zhou demanded to have their daughter returned home to recuperate. Immediately, Shi Second Mistress because anxious and disagreed strongly. Having a son who ran away with a tavern lady was already embarrassing enough. Now to have her daughter-in-law return to recuperate, just what would the public say about them!

Was there any reason for Mistress Zhou to take into account for Shi Second Mistresss fear? She then began complaining of her own daughters grievances again, and questioned when her son-in-law would be back. Shi Second Mistress was at a loss for words and could only watch as Mistress Zhou ordered her servants to pack her daughters things. On the same day, together with her daughter, they left the Shi household.

Sang Wan heard it all from Liu Ya and could not help but envy Shi Second Maam secretly. At the very least when she returned, Shi Second Mistress would no longer dare to treat her again like before.

There was no such thing as a wall that cannot be penetrated. Originally, the news about Gu Fangzi marrying in was not supposed to be publicly announced until Sang Wan took the initiative to mention it upon Shi Fengjus return. However, in less than twenty days, the members in the household, from top to bottom, had somehow already knew of it.

Gu Fangzi met with Wang Shi and seeked for forgiveness, saying that when her father was in the household at that time, she should not have disclosed it to him for she did not think that he would openly come at her aunt for betrothal gifts so shamelessly until everyone in the household knew. She also apologized for not being careful and accidentally called her cousin-in-law Sister!

Wang Shi never had any expectations of Gu Jins mouth. Gu Fangzi revealing it to him was only in hopes that stop from coming over, but who knew it would have the opposite effect?

Wang Shi had nothing left to say and sighed, Enough! Since this matter is already known throughout, theres no need to hide it anymore! Prepare what is needed to be prepared! When Fengju returns, well just carry it out and end it without any more complications!

Gu Jins ruckus was getting from bad to worst, and Wang Shi was struggling to come to deal with him. What she did not know was that everything was plotted by Gu Fangzi, to force her to make an early decision.