chapter 102

“That’s great! Laonu will surely not disappoint Young Master and Ma’am’s expectations!” Auntie Cui grinned.

The large steamed crabs were served onto the table at night. They were meaty and especially delicious, accompanied with some finely chopped ginger and rich vinegar, together with a pot of brewed glutinous rice and a jug of chrysanthemum rice wine. With no need to hesitate and serve from the side, dinner soon finished quickly.

Initially, Sang Wan had thought she could really relax for a few days, but unexpectedly, after a good night of sleep and breakfast the next morning, two horses galloped quickly to the country house, and two horsemen called out loudly for Shi Fengju and Sang Wan when they were just about to take a stroll outside.

Shi Fengju raised his brow slightly and asked, “To think that Servant Jin would come here personally. What brings you here?” Servant Jin was the second most capable servant in Shi household. For him to have come here personally, the reason must be of no small matter.

“Let’s invite him in first before listening to what he has to say!” Sang Wan could not help but feel slightly nervous.

“Young Master, Ma’am!” Servant Jin jumped off the horse and threw the reins before rushing up to them, panting heavily.

“Young Master, Ma’am! This servant has brought with him good news!” Servant Jin expressed a smile while still panting heavily.

“Good news?” Sang Wan and Shi Fengju were both startled.

Sang Wan’s heart sank a little. Good news? There shouldn’t be anything happening in the household recently unless that Gu Fangzi has taken advantage of their absence in the household and carried out her wicked plans!

To Sang Wan, that might as well be a disaster rather than good news, but it might not necessarily be so for the young master standing beside her. Sang Wan could not help but cast a quick glance at Shi Fengju.

Unintentionally, Shi Fengju did the same with a confused look in his eyes. Just like Sang Wan, his heart was also pounding heavily with the exact same thoughts about Gu Fangzi. What that cousin of his could accomplish, Shi Fengju was now absolutely clear. His cousin was no longer the cousin he once knew and understood.

“Alright! Take a deep breath before speaking slowly! Just what news has caused you to be in such a hurry!” Shi Fengju flicked his sleeve unpleasantly as he frowned at Servant Jin.

However, there were only smiles on Servant Jin’s face, almost as if he had taken no notice of his master’s glare. He wiped the beads of perspiration off his forehead before exclaiming, “This servant apologizes, this servant apologizes! Young Master, Ma’am, please return to the household quickly. Second Young Master Sang has returned from Hangzhou! Second Young Master Sang even came in first! It is indeed good news!”

“What!” Sang Wan’s eyes glistened. She was stunned in disbelief, and she was clenching her hands tightly as she asked, “Did you say, my second brother came in first?!”

“Second Brother Yufei is back? That’s great!” Shi Fengju rejoiced too.

“Yes ah, yes ah! He’s now in the household! The mistress was so happy that she immediately sent laonu to bring this good news. Young Master and Ma’am, please return to the household quickly!”