Chapter 42: Unable to Attend

"So you know ah!" Fang Shi murmured, but loud enough for Li Shi to hear.

"Nevermind that! We're a family; second aunt, please don't say that!" Sang Hong quickly smiled and gave Fang Shi a warning look.

"From the looks of it, Second Aunt's face doesn't seem too well, is it because your body isn't feeling too well? If you can't go, then it's best not to! I'm sure our Sang Wan wouldn't blame Second Aunt for it!" Fang Shi just acted as she did not see Sang Hong's expression and purposely spoke.

"Enough, enough. Get into the carriage quickly! What are you lot chattering so much nonsense for?" Second old master Sang gave a cold glare which was aimed either at his own wife or his niece-in-law.

Li Shi's words of course did not mean that she did not want to go, but was all to purposely annoy Fang Shi. Regardless whether Fang Shi opposed for them to tag along, she did not care! Besides, if Fang Shi did not oppose, then something was definitely wrong!

"Just thinking about visiting our Sang Wan today, I was so excited that I couldn't sleep the night before. Maybe that's why my face doesn't look too well. But no worries, I'll just take a quick nap later on during the ride there! Ai, my niece-in-law, come, help me a little, will you?"

Fang Shi sneered and shifted her glance to Sang Yan who was only bothered admiring her own clothes instead of moving to help her mother.

"Ah Xian." Sang Hong softly signalled.

Only then did Fang Shi unwillingly walked up to give Li Shi a hand.

Li Shi grinned from ear to ear and immediately seeked for the best seat before planting her bottom onto it. Comfortably, she let out a sigh, "Ah Yan, what are you standing there for? Get in here now!"

Sang Yan, who was admiring her clothes, went in together with second old master Sang.

"Get up, you sit here!" The spot where Li Shi sat caught Second old master Sang's eye and he pointed at the seat beside.

Li Shi rolled her eyes and pouted to show her unwillingness to move her bottom, but in the end, it was for the best to let the seat to him.

Sang Hong carried Sang Quan and Sang Nuan up into the carriage, and was about to help Fang Shi up, but his ears were greeted with Li Shi sharp voice from behind, "Aiyo, what use is bringing such young kids for? Don't go, don't go, there won't be enough space for us all!"

Second old master Sang frowned and scolded, "The two of you are also careless! These kids are still immature; if something were to happen there, it'll ruin our Sang's reputation! Isn't Nanny Xu at home? Quickly carry them down, carry them down!"

Sang Quan and Sang Nuan were looking forward to this day for a very long time. But hearing their second grand uncle and auntie telling them not to go, the edges of their lips sunk and they cried.

Furious, Fang Shi immediately jumped into the carriage and pulled her two children towards her before speaking, "Our Sang Wan said before that she wants to see our Xiao Quan and Xiao Nuan so I'll definitely be bringing them along! When we reach auntie's house, remember to listen to your father and I; and be on your best behavior. Understood?"

Sang Quan and Sang Nuan quickly nodded their head and spoke in unison, "We'll listen to Mother! We'll listen to Father!"

"Ah Xian and I will take care of them. Nothing bad will happen there, Second Uncle and Second Aunt, please be at ease! It's about time we leave, let us depart!" Sang Hong got into the carriage and spoke.

Second old master Sang flared his nostrils and grunted, "Up to you! If things turn ugly, don't blame me for not warning the two of you!" Leaning back, the old man shut his eyes.