Chapter 119: Drive Out Of The Village

"You!" Furious, Li Zheng and all the elders were at a loss for words.

"Mister Sang, what is the meaning of those words?" Sang Yufei said coldly. "The elders here are not related to us brothers by blood, but they still went out of their way to stand up for us in times of trouble! Towards them, we brothers have nothing but respect. Furthermore, when have they tried to take advantage of us? Or rather, how were we not aware? Before saying such words, don't you think you should first reflect on yourself?"

"Ai, please don't say that. That is something we ought to do!" , "Yes ah!" After hearing his words, the elders felt relieved.

"You, how dare you talk back to me, you——" Sang Pingliang became flustered.

"Enough!" Uncle Liu scolded, "Sang Pingliang! I must warn you, don't blame us for being heartless to you in the future if you continue with your shameless behavior of harassing the Sang brothers."

"Heartless? So what?" Sang Pingliang sneered, "Are you going to kill me? Come at me if you've the balls! Whoever backs out is the loser!" Sang Pingliang shouted and pointed at his own head.

Watching his ridiculous action, the crowd felt exasperated and amused. Sang Hong and Sang Yufei looked at each other in the eye and felt utterly embarrassed; this was their uncle who shared the same blood as them!

"Killing you will only stain my own hands!" Uncle Liu threw him a look of disdain before adding coldly, "The people in Sihe Village cannot tolerate people like you who are greedy and ruthless. If you dare to cross the line again, then leave this village!"

"That's right! Try us if you dare!" All the elders were furious, and their expressions were as cold as ice.

The Sang Brothers' expressions changed slightly when they heard the elders. They didn't expect matters to escalate to such a point. Sang Pingliang's eyes widened; they were going to kick him out of the village!

That would be a terrible ending for him as he would lose the village's protection and become a nomad from then on. Furthermore, no village would accept an exile as they were often scums of their former village and would only spell trouble.

The only places left for him and his family would be in other parts of the country. And even so, it would be an arduous process to reintegrate. Alternatively, he could adapt to the city life. But there, even a blade of grass would cost money; it wouldn't be so easy to survive!

"As if you'd dare!" Sang Pingliang was intimidated, but he refused to back down and scoffed, "Fine! All of you are shameless enough to team up to bully me! All of your consciences must've been eaten by dogs! I, I'll report all of you to the government!"

"You rebel!" Uncle Liu shouted. "Today, you disrespect as well as disregard your elders! With just your words, who do you think the government would help; us or you? You wish to report to the government? Go ahead! Nobody will stop you!"

Uncle Liu abruptly turned to Sang Hong and Sang Yufei before ordering with a low voice, "Pay no mind to this person from today onwards! Do what you must to avoid him. Whoever dares to sue you guys for being unfilial, you can come and find me. This old man will stand up for you!"

"That's right! You can come and find us!" All the elders, as well as Li Zheng, agreed unanimously as they looked at Sang Pingliang in disgust.

"Alright, enough now! Us elders should return! These few days must've been exhausting for you; quickly go back and rest! If there's anything, you can find us for help! We'll help with whatever we can! Let's go, let's go now!" Uncle Liu took a deep breath and smiled.

Everyone agreed and they bowed to bid each other farewell before taking their leave. Fang Shi pulled at Sang Hong's arm and then signaled to Sang Yufei. They ignored Sang Pingliang and went back into their house, closing the front gate to their courtyard completely.